Need help placing a value on my Sport Trac

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Tomczak

Reaction score
As some of you may know, I think that it is time to sell my Trac. It is a Pioneer Edition Sport Trac from 2002. It is 4WD, and has every option that I know of with the exception of leather. I need some help finding a fair value for it though. By the time the other person would take posesion of her, she'll have close to 92,000 miles. I have pictures in my folder thing, I tried to post them on here once beofre and failed. at it. It is listed in the Swap and Sell and George was very nice and posted them for me so you won't have to look at the crapy little ones in the folder.

Banks and dealers use www.nada.com Click on consumer pricing..

Most private sales use www.kbb.com

Todd Z

At Manheim auctions nationwide, 49 sold last week. Average milage was 96,778, and average price was $8396. That's dealer pricing, though. Average retail was $9550.

I should have mentioned that I have already looked at NADA and KBB.

Dingo- Do you know if any other those were Pioneer Editions?

I am really intrested to find out if the Pioneer Edition adds anything to the value. I know that the the Adrenaline Tracs are worth more and the Pioneer Edition was the precurser to that.

To the end user, the Pioneer edition is worth a couple hundred more. To a dealer, it's not.

Guy down the street has a mint 02 Lightning, wants to trade straight across for my trac.

Am really tempted, will keep ya posted.

Good Luck on your sell Don, When you sell private you may be able to sell for a higher price than retail lots. Depends on how well you kept up with the vehicle and especially the service record of it.

wow Mr B! good luck! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that lightning the 5.4L SC'd? If so, oh baby. If he wants, I will trade him my 2002 Trac.

Tom

Yep caymen, blown 5.4, basically a termy engine, runs like a scalded dawg.

Still thinking about it, The 150 would be my DD, if I drive it like I drive the roush, I would be getting about 8 MPG, not good.

Blower whine is worse than crack:)

I went to the auction today. The STs were running really cheap. Not a good sign.

On a side note, I bought a 2006 Solstice. Don't buy one of these if you're over 5'4".

andy,

at times i go to southern auction in conn. and almost all the domestics dont do very well. your right it is not a good sign, but it is the sign of the times.

i am hearing not good reports on the solstice. the service manager of a local pontiac dealer claims they have numerous issues.

hope you dont experience them. good luck

Gary, I'm not keeping it. I bought it, a Honda Accord, and a Honda S2000 for resale.

Overall, the domestics did well, but any vehicle, foreign or domestic, the gas-guzzlers did horrible. A 2008 F-250 King Ranch with 16k miles went for $27200. I almost cried.

andy,

what is well for the domestics?

i watch impalas, malibus, focus, grand prix, ford 500's and so on loose approximately 40% of their value after the first year! after the second year, forget about it !

you will get good money for the honda's.

i am buying toyota matrix for my fleet at $15,500 and getting minimum $10,500 after 16-18 months of service with an average of 45K-50K miles. upon turn-in these vehicles have cosmetic issues as well. not bad for a fleet vehicle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are the stats for the particular vehicle you mentioned for today:

Make Model Subseries Year Color Drs Cyl Fuel Trans 4x4 EW Radio Top Int Odometer Price

TOYOTA MATRIX XR 2003 BLACK S 4 Gas A Y CD C 115439 $7,500

TOYOTA MATRIX FWD BASE 2006 GREY S 4 Gas A Y CD HT C 20986 $11,300

TOYOTA MATRIX FWD BASE 2006 GRAY S 4 Gas A Y CD HT C 25284 $12,400

TOYOTA MATRIX FWD XR 2007 SILVER S 4 Gas A Y CD C 11252 $14,300

Here are the Sport Tracs:

FORD EXPLORER 4X2 SPORT TRAC 2002 WHITE 4 6 Gas A CD 84738 $6,600

FORD EXPLORER 4X2 SPORT TRAC 2002 WHITE 4 6 Gas A Y CD MR C 109169 $7,800

FORD EXPLORER 4X2 SPORT TRAC 2002 RED 4 6 Gas A Y CD HT L 107347 $6,900

FORD EXPLORER 4X2 SPORT TRAC 2004 BLUE 4 6 Gas A Y CD HT C 69064 $9,000

FORD EXPLORER 4X2 SPORT TRAC 2005 WHITE 4 6 Gas A Y CD C 42308 $13,500

Latest posts