Need help ID relay

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Cabrera

Reaction score
Can someone look at their 1st Gen Trac & tell me if you have 50A in you engine compartment fusebox? ( it looks like a relay towards the firewall next to the fender)

My A/C compressor isn't kicking on (it did last summer), so I looked in the owners manual and I show 2 "fuses" that correspond (they are both in the box inside the engine compartment).

#25 a 10amp mini fuse for the A/C clutch solenoid

#50A A/C clutch solenoid (I'm thinking it's a relay)

I have the mini fuse & it's ok, but slot 50A has nothing in it.

Is there supposed to be a relay there? If so, then someone took it out, since AAA is the ONLY one who serviced it, I know who took it!

Can someone look at their 1st Gen Trac & tell me if you have 50A in you engine compartment fusebox? ( it looks like a relay towards the firewall next to the fender)

My A/C compressor isn't kicking on (it did last summer), so I looked in the owners manual and I show 2 "fuses" that correspond (they are both in the box inside the engine compartment).

#25 a 10amp mini fuse for the A/C clutch solenoid

#50A A/C clutch solenoid (I'm thinking it's a relay)

I have the mini fuse & it's ok, but slot 50A has nothing in it.

Is there supposed to be a relay there? If so, then someone took it out, since AAA is the ONLY one who serviced it, I know who took it!

Any help would be appreciated.

Andy I bet your system went low on refrigerant and the low cut off switch is not allowing it to work.....

As for the relays and stuff, I don know off the top of my head.

Todd Z

My A/C compressor isn't kicking on. It's fully charged so I looked at the shop manual & the PCM controls it too. I messed up on the relays. It's #56 so they are all there.

I gotta get me an old truck!

Right or not, actually I've never checked, here's my '02 BJB.

f92732defa4e5270340213ad04a365f1.jpg