Need advice

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IF your a crazy maniac like me, I would depending on mileage......

But NO you don't have to under normal sercumstances....

Todd Z

Like Todd Z, I would change both unless money's tight. you don't have to change both at the same time though. I did both of mine at the same time because they both completely blew out and came apart at the same time.

:banana:

I am literally in the middle of replacing my passenger side hub (checking with the steps in the project section)...driver side is fine so only doing one. Bought my '05 with 45k and now have 103k. Not having too much trouble so if the other one ends up failing I'll set aside another afternoon and replace it.

:banana:

I replaced my drivers side one about 30K miles ago, (Have 139K on the ST now). I did not replace the passenger side, and it is still having no issues. For piece of mind, you can replace both, but you dont have to.

Hard to explain, but I am sure others will agree that you kind of get to know the sounds and feel of your vehicle, and I notice the differences right away when something starts draging or making noise. If you are attentive to incorrect feels on the steering, or noises while making sharp turns, you will probably know when the other bearing is going bad. Like I said, I am at 30K more miles on my other one, and still doing fine.

As others have said, one side has no BEARING on the other side...

Save you money and only replace it if you have a need to tear down the side for some reason or another...