NAV system update

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billy reilly

Reaction score
Has anyone updated their factory nav system. I looked at the ford website for updated CD/s and it was $199. Seems pricey to me. I have noticed some of the new streets in my area are not on the nav system and would like to update the maps but i really don't want to pay that much. Any suggestions?

Wait for the money back guarantee upgrade offer, then burn and return. Call me a crook or whatever, but $199 is a ripoff. Garmin offers lifetime updates for a reasonable fee, sometimes free. Navteq should do the same.

I've purchased 3 updates for my 2008. Each @ $199.00. Think I'm on the 10P version. With so many new roads here in Ocean County, NJ, its almost a necessity! Bob

Mine suggestion is buy a portable-Garmins nuvi 50LM -it cost me $110 -from a private- no tax - no shipping- I called Garmins to comfirm it wasn't reported stolen- I am going to get a cup-holder bracket for it ... it has life time maps included .... i never completely figured out how to use my Navi-bought my SP/A from a Chevy dealer in 2011 - no instruction on how to use - now looking to trade ST in .. probably to a chevy dealer ..

$199 a year is a big rip off ... esp when that option costs $2000!!

Latest posts