My truck won't crank

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Something is causing my battery to go dead on my truck went out to it yesterday after work and went to crank it and it would not soon after I got in I hear a clicking noise coming from somewhere up under the dash and my battery went dead, tried to get a jump and it still wouldn't crank, it kinda seems like it may be something to do with my alarm system because the light wouldn't quit flashing and I couldn't turn it off through my remote.... when I tried to jump the truck would turn over but just click click click click, Anybody got a clue?

Try the spare key ???

Can try UN hooking the battery and re connecting it, then jump...

ALSO your battery could just be sooo dead that it will not take a jump...

Todd Z

What I am saying is clean the battery terminals...

ALSO try starting the truck in Neutral....

You seem to feel it is the alarm, Try the other alarm pad... Try setting the alarm off, and then clear it...

Todd Z

By simply replacing the battery odds are good it will start. Why, because it will be a good fully charged battery as compared to to a battery that you feel is defective and or dead.

You really need to try to determine as to why the present battery is in the state that it is.

If not, your new battery will be in the same condition in a short time.

Unless,,, you get lucky and do in fact have a bad battery..

also check the level of all 6 cells of the battery if it is not a maintenance free battery. if one of the lead cells is exposed then yur battery will not allow a juimp. add distilled water for a check fix. if it jumps then you will probably be ok. after you drive around and charge up the battery then test each cell to see if they are holding a chage. if it is a sealed battery, then you may need to replace it. good luck, tom.

Take your battery into an auto parts store that tests batteries for free, that will rule out weather or not the battery is the issue.

Go to advance we check batteries for free. if its dead the test will usually tell u in about 15mins.

if its good tho, it could take up to an hour to charge but you can leave ur number and name and they can call you so u dont have to wait.

oh and if it is bad, then after u get a new one have them test your alternator and all that other good stuff since its all free aswell.