My ST did it again!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amber Clymer

Reaction score
Well I am trying to be in a more postivie mood lately because I am just down right tired of bad moods in my life, so today I am going to do something different. Today I am going to note the things that my ST did that I actually LIKED (positive notes). Every time I log on, there is a thread at the top about some miscelaneous thing wrong with an ST. Today I want to see things that are RIGHT with our ST's.

I will kick it off with, today I had dog hair to the max inside my ST. Why you ask? Well my ST is so fitting that it fit my 3 dogs (large drool monsters), my partner, and myself on a cruise out to the country for some family fun time in a field. We played catch, went trail hiking, and started/finished the day with some fun off roading to get to our secret location.

Thank you Ford for making something so versitile that my family, as odd as it is, had no problems AT ALL having a nice weekend off the beaten trail! :)

Mine has been nothing but good to me since I bought it over a year ago.. 02 80k miles.

It even fits my motorcycle in the back if I don't feel like pulling my large enclosed trailer with it which it does good at towing too ;)

Oh I have a ton of things ford did right with the sport trac. But I just found a new one yesterday.

SBR Valve. (Screaming Baby Relief Valve)

Rolling down the highway with two screaming 9 week olds. Wife is at her wits end and my nerves are getting frayed. So I put down the rear windows with my ford factory power windows, then I roll down my ford factory installed back window.

Instantly, babies stop crying for the next 30 minutes till we make it home. Why?

Wind scrunches up a baby faces and makes them sticks their tongues out.

Only problem with my '05 surfaced last weekend. Bad front wheel bearing apparently. I do think that 42k is a little early, but I guess they don't make wheel bearings like they used to.

I like that I can haul anything, including ass. I like how nobody expects it to be fast. I REALLY like how my color appears to be about 3 feet deep when it's clean.

I had to add windshield wiper fluid to mine over the weekend. I just don't think I can handle any more problems like that. :rolleyes:

2001 Job 1 with 82k and no major problems, just regular maintenance.

It's been great on vacations, especially road trips, hauling kids to their sporting events over the years (just throw their equipment in the back), hauling appliances & water heaters, comfortable cab section and overall just fun to drive.

My rear wheel driven Trac can (and *does*) hydroplane like crazy, and even be used to clear tight corners during u-turns by tapping the brake, all without tipping over.

Show me another SUV unintentionally hydroplaning down the road perpendicular to the direction of travel, and I'll ask why it's upside down and the jaws of life are being applied....

(Real men don't need any 4x4....)

"Seats 35, 3.5 tons of American Pride--Sport Trac-ero" (_Canyonero_)

68K miles and only problem was LS dif clutch pack. Replaced under warranty. Best vehicle I've ever owned. Been driving 41 years so I've owned a few.

I am glad you all have participated in this thread. I've noticed that sometimes in life, the positive needs to be addressed otherwise we can be consumed with negatives. I also feel this is the best vehicle I have owned so far. Good stuff!!! :cool:

I love it when young girls look out from some appliance type car, see the v8 badge then look right at me and smile. I have had nothing but positive experience with it so far.

Last edited by a moderator: