My oldest son

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bart Adkins

Reaction score
My wife and I got a letter today informing us that our oldest son (age 11) was nominated by a teacher and then selected to participate as a student ambassador to Australia in the People to People program (founded by Dwight D. Eisenhower). He will study there for 18 days exploring the Great Barrier Reef, hiking the rainfrest, and visiting "the bush" and local Aboriginal tribes. Saying that we're proud doesn't even scratch the surface...I'm also very happy for the kid because since he was two years old he's said he wanted to be a zoologist or a vet and work in Australia with Steve Irwin. I could't wait to tell everyone...especially all of my ST pals.........:):)

Congratulations Bart. Have simular hopes for my 4 year old girl. Says a lot about the way he was raised and encouraged. Think that's just great!

That's great. My nephew was picked by the same organization to play with an all-star baseball team. I believe they traveled to Australia, and possible New Zealand.

It'll be a trip of a lifetime for him. It's great to see kids who work hard and show themselves to be an outstanding member of their community get some recognition. Congrats!