My New '10 Trac

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robin Cox

Reaction score
Hi Ya'll. well I finally did it, I traded my '07 for a '10. Everything is the same except the 10 is a different color and has a few more options. It really seems to be more solid with less road noise and seems to have as much power as my 07 did even with the tune from Torrie and the x-cal3. Love the Sync system, but the directiions, does not have nav, but it can give directions through the Sync, does seem to get confused and lost sometimes. It tells me to turn right on my home street when actually I have to turn left. Used it to go to Maggie Valley last week and it done great, but it is still not totally trust worthy in my book. Have talked to the Sync folks and they were suppose to look at the problem, but they have yet to do so. But the blue tooth phone works great. I tried to load pictures from my library on this post, but was unable to do so, as usual, not much on computers, so don't fuss at me too much for not posting pictures, maybe someone can help me out and get them posted for me, it is the silver one, I still have a few pictures of my trustworthy 07 in there. Hope this 10 does me as good as the 07 did for 65k miles.

The only thing I bailed on was the Nav,,, Seriously 2K for the same thing my 100 buck nave does better....LOL

I LOVE my 10, SOO glad I did it...

CONGRATS MAN !!

Todd Z

I changed the oil on my '10 yesterday. At 1004 miles, I gave her some Mobil 1 EP 5w20 and a Mobil 1 oil filter.

I still love my '10. I love all the improvements they made over the years- the '10 is so much better built than my '07 was.

I totally agree Todd, why pay the 2k for the nav when a $100 gps will do the same and you can take it from car to car. I wish I could trust the sync directions more, but I use my garmin with it just in case. Seems like it works fine as long as you are on main roads. It does not seem to have a total map like my garmin does and it gets a little aggrivating and telling you have left the planned route, when you have not, then it comes on and says you have now returned to the planned route, but I do like the commands coming through the stereo speakers, which is good for someone like me that has a hearing problem. The only thing about the sync system, is that I had to get a blue tooth phone that is compatible with the sync system, so to get the type of phone I wanted and still get good coverage I had to change carriers, but it was worth it.

Thanks Todd and Psycareyo.........Yeal Todd I know you will totally enjoy the Gen 2, I thought about the Adrenalin, but I did not want the full time AWD, but I actually looked at one just like yours, but I got a hell of a deal on this silver one, one that I could not refuse and that was hard to do since I Loved my 07 as much as I did, but as long as I have no trouble out of the 10, I know I will not regret it, especially since this is the last year for the Trac.

I still love my '10. I love all the improvements they made over the years- the '10 is so much better built than my '07 was.

I have an 07. What is better built about the 10?

Not being argumentative - just curious.

Hey Gavin, you posted while I was posting, and I totlly agree on the difference of the 07 and the 10 and thanks man......yeal my dealer gave me one free oil change so I had them do it at 1500 miles....did not have to go through the first oil change blues like Todd did....lol....will be putting Amsoil 0W-20, 25k miles or one year oil and filter in her when she gets to 6k......

Hey Just Jimmy, to me the 10 is more solid with less road noise, plus it seems to be more free and loose while driving, no where near as stiff as my 07, if you know what I mean. It definitely has more power, can tell that by how the cruise works on some hills around here. My main dislikes were that they do not have the two tone leather seats anymore and like Todd, the front compartment in the bed does not have the remote release.

JustJimmy- the '10 is quieter and seems so much "tighter" than my '07. I don't know how to describe it- it just seems that everything is tighter, quieter, and smoother. My '07 only had 48,000 miles on it. It just seems that Ford made several improvements along the way and they really "got it right" by 2010.

Does any one with the 07 remember the release handle for the front storage compartment in the bed ???

I am missing that and the Embroidered head rests... LOL

Jimmy,

the seats are better, they changed the suspension and other little things.....

Just noticable....

Todd Z

I've heard the "lighter" comment before.

Kewl - they've made some improvements in their LAST YEAR OF EXISTENCE!! :angry:

Enjoy!! :banana::banana:

Todd: Yes, I have the release. It would suck without it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I threw in a bed mat, so the front storage is useless now..LOL

Todd Z

Latest posts