My last fillup:(

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E85 typically gives lower MPG and doesn't make up for the lower cost of the fuel. Kinda ironic, E85 was hailed as a cure for our foreign oil dependency and as a green fuel, Chevy really pushes it, but it gives crap mileage and is shown to have a total carbon footprint significantly larger then drilling and refining of oil, then burning it in an engine.

I agree with you Tyler. Ethanol is kinda being shoved down our throats but it's not the answer.

Email your Senators and Representatives and tell them to allow drilling for oil wherever it is found.

If enough regular people do that, they will see that there are more regular people who need gas to get to work and such than there are Birkenstock-wearing vegan greenies who are afraid of hurting the great horny toad or whatever.

As eluded to above, it takes far more energy to make ethanol than gasoline, by a wide margin.

It has also dramatically encreased the cost of food products made from corn that now get diverted to ethanol manufacture.

this is y we need to stop buyin foreign oil n start usin wat weve got a home for us n no 1 else. idk how much it will cost but it will mos def cost less than wat we pay now. yesterday was the first time the pump has ever cut me off b4 i had a full tank.

$2.99 a gallon here!

The state legislature is voting to give a huge tax break on a hybrid vehicle next year.

Anyone have a lift kit for the Prius?

Not to turn this politically, but...

Remember when Bush pledged to help the common folk when gas was touching $2 and $2.50? I guess he's tired of speaking and not backing it up. Supply and demand is one thing, but there is rampant price gouging occurring and the government is more concerned with whether Bill Bellicheck taped a few games.

That's the thing, Adam, Bush is about to leave office so he could probably give a damn about gas prices. Congress could make and pass bills to prevent gouging, but the Executive Branch is the one that needs to make it legal, and I don't see that happening.

From what the reports say, supply is expected to go up, which usually means price will come down...but with our dollar as weak as it is, and the Fed cutting rates to try to stave off recession, it only makes the dollar weaker. We need the price per barrel of oil to go up as this helps strengthen the dollar because of how much oil is bought and sold with the dollar, but unfortunately the little guys at the bottom of the food chain have to pay more for the refined oil. At least the market had a huge day today, maybe if that keeps up and we break 13,000 again and go even higher, things won't get too much worse.

Tiger,I think you will have to eat those words some day soon, granted the tech companys stocks are in good shape, and that do's drive the market.

But look at the price, of fuel, Lumber, steel, Cement, corn.

The things that China is sucking away from us, the things the USA needs to provide jobs and rebuild the infrastructure which is falling apart.

You should see the roads in my state, they are the worst in the country, and thats just one example.

I hope I have to.

I hope something is done about high gas prices.

I hope the dollar returns to its previous levels or higher.

I hope the economy goes back to at least where it was before we started dropping $12B a month in Iraq.

The main problem as I see it is that Congress (mostly the Dems) are in the pockets of the greenies and won't let us drill for our own. I guess they think that somehow in the next year or two we will all magically be driving hydrogen or solar powered cars.

> supply = lower price

But then one of my degrees is in economics so I tend to think of things in those terms.

Seriously, go to your Senators' websites, every state has two, and write them asking to allow drilling wherever the stuff is found, that you can't afford to buy other things now. Tell everyone you know to do the same. I did today.

The Senate's main website is here, you can look your own up from there.

Root cause analysis and simple economics.

Where do you drive your car the most? To work and back (majority of people)

How can you cut this drive down without moving? Telecommute. It is a paradigm shift that companies are going to have to embrace and trust their workers - good managers can trust their workers because they have set goals and are aware of results. Obviously it does not work for all but can work for enough to make a difference. I know if I was not in the office I would get more done because I get a lot of 'walk up customers' who do not respect my time, go outside the process and think I am there to only solve/fix their problems and do not have real work of my own to do. And do not get me started on useless meetings. Additionally, I have an extra hour - hour 1/2 that I can apply to work rather than driving.

Ok, so now our demand goes down, supply goes up, prices have to come down.

Damn that was easy.

JT#14

Travis. tell me how I can telecomute, my med buis, my golf cart detailing buis and my pressure washing buis?

Some people actually have hands on buis that requires a person, not an internet connection.

Latest posts