My last fillup:(

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Barber

Reaction score
with 91 octane, after it is gone will flash back to OEM, just paid $4.06 a gal for gas:( Thats stupid.

Gotta drive the stangcar like a normal person, No more Blower music:(

Anyone take note of the price of Grocerys since the truckers are getting killed?

Passed one shell station today 91 was $4.17

This country is truly circling the drain, Rant over

Keep shopping at Wal-Mart and every buy everything imported.

We only have ourselves to blame.

Tom

Have never been to a wallmart, always try to buy American but we have priced ourselves out of the world market.

I think the time has come to publish my Book, 1001 recipes using Skippy dog food, with a chapter on utilizeing fresh roadkill as a source of needed protien.

Dont feel bad we are payimg 108/liter that is 4.08/gal for 87 octane and 1.18 or4.46 a gal for 91 octane

You got a long way to go to catch us boys...:angry::angry::angry::(:(:(:(:(:(:(:blink::blink::blink::blink::blink::blink:

I hear ya Bill -- the Arco at my corner was @ $3.45 for 87-octane when I filled up yesterday. I'm glad it's warming up here (San Jose), 'cause I'm probably going to dust off my bike and pedal my fat-butt to work now (thank goodness I'm only 2.5 miles from work). This spring & summer is gonna suck REAL bad!

edit: Keith - in parts of the Bay Area, it is well past $4/gal for 87. Unfortunately, we HAVE caught up!

Last edited by a moderator:
We're paying 113.9/litre for 87 and 124.9/litre for 91 and that was five days ago it could be more now. Keith your lucky! Hahaha:blink:

They say gas will rise at least another 30 cents by the end of this month. The $100 barrel oil prices are just now starting to hit the refineries. Vacation this summer is going to be costly. :(

Almost 109 a barrel today, this is going to kill this country, is not just the price of fuel on us common folk.

The shipping costs by truck, rail and air of common goods will go ballistic, if this continues, a head of lettuce could cost 10 bux next year.

We don't eat beef anymore, is to friggen expensive because of the cost of trucking in feed and trucking out beef to the end user.

Things are getting real spooky.

cannot wait to see the many more Billions in profit the unregulated american oil companys will garner this year.

Ok i dont dont feel so bad ...All this will do is change my vacation plans instead of camping 8-13 hour away i will stay local

Thank good i bought my xcall with 87 econo tune i am resisting using it :lol: Because i love to go fast know with all the imporvements all in all :(:( Owell life goes on...

Filled up this morning $41 for 13gal. Outragous..:angry:

We have never had to budget our exspenses, I see it coming..:(

I drive to Florida from Phily in a few weeks. We stay there two weeks and I need to bring my tools or I would consider flying and renting a car. It is going to be an expensive trip.

i agree Bill 100 percent it is hiway robery with out a gun .. Time to by a smart car... :lol::p

Hmmmm small car sales are up i wounder why:angry::angry::angry:

Wow that is sad a guy has to have 2 jobs to survive these days...:eek::eek::eek::eek:

We are nearing $8.00/gallon here. The exchange rate is killing me. Just because of the exchange rate, my rent has increased over $400/month, in the past 12 months! We were at 3.4 zlotys/dollar when I arrived in Jan 07. Now the rate is 2.3 zlotys/dollar That is around a 30% price increase on EVERYTHING I BUY! This is assuming 0% inflation on local prices, which of course is not true, so tack on another 5 - 10%. Thank God I am not in Norway or England where we are getting killed even worse. :angry:

87 octane here in Vermont is around 3.17 gallon, its going to suck when I pull my F150 out in the Spring and have use 93 Octane! NH is cheaper than VT, we are fortunate we don't have the prices yet that you guys do. But still I don't see the prices going down soon. Wish I had a flex fuel station here in my State!

-Big D Dave

We just need to change our habits, I work a couple days a week (semi retired) not driving the trac anymore (50 miles rnd trip) will take the wifes cooper at 37 MPG from know on.

He's talking about E85.

During my trip to Vilnius, Lituania a couple of weeks ago, I parked my car for five days at the hotel and walked everywhere. It was nice to not fight traffic and deal with stupid drivers. I got some exercise and lost four pounds in a week.

I enjoyed walking through this small city, and wish I could do the same where I live now. It was funny I could walk across the town in 40 minutes, and as I was walking, pass all the cars on the street, knowing I was going to get where I was heading faster than them, and didn't have to worry about finding a parking spot when I arrived at my destination. :lol:

nelson thats insane, I think the only solution would be an astroid hit, wipe out 70% of the worlds population, than start over.

It depends on the Trac. The 1st Gen ones would have a special sticker in the fuel fill cover, saying it is a flex-fuel vehicle. The 2nd Gen STs are strictly gasoline, if I remember correctly.