My "D" Day

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gerry Mac

Reaction score
Hello ST Friends,

Today is the day I go for surgery to remove my prostate and lymph nodes., at least. Surgeon says if there is too mauch damage he will close me up and not interfere. If not, I should expect a recovery period of 3 months.

Yes, I am frightened of the unknown and a fight I am not accustomed to. I have never backed down from a fight before and this is no time to start.

I had a very strange dream last night:

I was a young man and was running in a cross country race. Some of you may remember cross country races. I usually did vey wel in these as a kid. However, in my dream I was being passed by old ladies and people in wheelchairs and women pusing strollers etc. While they ran outdoors I was running through large building with many doorways like an Institution. I did finish but when I got there no one was around except for Patti, my wife.

She and I went home together and when at home we felt the whole house shake and then a loud boom. The power went out and I ran outside to see a huge fireball and mushroom cloud over our city. I went to Pati and we just sat together and hugged, knowing this was the end of the world. I woke up.

I won't see your responses but weird dream. Actually if you email me,I will get those on my phone. [email protected]

Thank you all for kindness and friendship. I have been proud to be a part of this group.

Gerry MacFarlane

Winnipeg, Canada

I wish you luck and hope for the best outcome !!!!

When you have a serious event, your mind wonders, Dreams will happen..... I Had weird strange and some not so fun dreams before and after my surgery... You think the Worst, see the worst and think why me.... It does suck, but this is all normal part of this. And its worse with an unknown such as the "not interfere".....

Simply make sure all is in order, and relax, breathe, and let the DR you trust do his thing.

When you wake up there is nothing you can change about the outcome, It sucks but its true..... take the hand you got dealt and Say and think what can I do to make this better.....

But we will pray for you and expect a full recovery and good news as soon as you can update us all !!!

Todd Z

May God Bless & have guided the hands of the sugeons & comforted your wife will she awaited.

Get Well Soon!

Les C

Go to sleep, wake up, learn to piss again, then get on with your life.

A dream is a dream.

Pain is part of life, misery is self induced.

Progress report. Hopefully, you are out of the hospital and have left all the attached tubes behind. Here's to a speedy recovery. :haveabeer::haveabeer:

Hello friends,

Just a short note. doctor came came to me day following surgery and said that he got it all His words. Said he was very pleased with outcome. Much better prognosis than he anticipated.

I am at home and trying to rest and get stronger. Learned two important lessons from this experience. 1. God is real, he cares and power of prayer is stronger than Cancer. 2. The people on here are as kind, thoughtful and warm as any I have ever met in my life.

Thank you so very much.

Gerry

Please excuse typos for a bit.

Great News Gerry. :haveabeer::haveabeer::haveabeer:

Every day you will get a little better. I got a big dose of steriods and ended up painting the house.