My computer

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL nick...

Mine is a p3 800 over clocked, Asus mother board, maxed memory, Sound blaster sound, Abit 256 video, altec L speakers, DVD burner and CD/DVD reader, 17 inc flat true clear dell monitor...Win XP

All top of the line stuff back then, today it is almost obsolete... LOL

I built it back I think in 2001...LOL

Tod Z

Just bought a new HP with 2.40GHz processor, 3GB Ram, 640GB hard drive, HD DVD Player, SuperMulti DVD Burner with LightScribe Technology, NTSC TV tuner, and 24' flat screen HD monitor. My previous Compaq was 8 yrs old but still runs good so now I have a mini home network:)

I know what you mean. It's getting really hard to find 5-1/4" floppies these days.

[Broken External Image]:

I wish I had a dinasaur computer they don't make them like they used to...heck I'd be happy going back to one with WIN 95! :lol: well 98 at least! :) We have laptops..one is 5 yrs old XP on it (thank god) and the newest one has Vista...grrr I like the laptop..just not vista :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Which one?

- Main family computer: Intel P4 2.4Ghz, 1GB RAM, 200GB HDD. WinXP SE2 Prof (home built)

- My main work computer used by side business, and home print server: AMD Athlon XP 1800, 1GB Ram, 80GB HDD. (home built)

- Oldest son's computer: AMD Athlon XP 3000, 1GB RAM, 120GB HDD. (home built)

- Youngest son's computer: AMD X2 4500+, 2GB RAM, 300GB HDD. (home built)

- Backup work computer: Intel P4 2.4Ghz, 2 GB RAM. 80GB + 300GB HDD. (home built)

- HP Pavilion P3 800Mhz, 700MB ram, 30GB HDD (decommissioned)

- Dell Latitude D600 Laptop (work laptop, 3 years old)

- Wife's Inspiron laptop (1 year old).

That's about it...

In our house.

Home Built Athlon 64, 1 GB DDR RAM, 250 GB HDD, 21" Cornerstone monitor, and WinXP Professional. Built about 4 years ago.

Medion Laptop. Intel P4, 1280 MB DDR RAM, 15.1" screen, 120 GB HDD, and WinXP Home. About 5 years old. Still running great.

Compaq Presario (cheapie) with an AMD Athlon 64, 1 GB DDR RAM, 250 GB HDD, Win XP Home. (eBay PC for inventory control)

Homebuilt AMD Athlon XP 1800. 2 GB RAM, Windows XP Professional, 90 GB RAID (stripe) drives. Currently in storage. Going to get a about 1 TB Storage (RAID Mirror) for all the media we have on our PC's. (movies, pictures, music, etc.)

We plan on building a media PC to use as a video streamer when we get a house with room for a home theatre. That computer would be great as a network server.

Complete home network, including a Okidata Color Laser printer connected to all PC's via a TCP/IP connectin. (Print server)

If you are in the market for a new printer, go laser. Forget about inkjet printers. They suck.

Tom

Laptops:

A Dell thing

A Toshiba thing

An Acer thing

An Acer Tablet thing

An HP thing

Desktops:

An HP thing

A Custom thing.

I think I have a 386 processor laptop somewhere in storage... dunno why I still have it... but I remember when I used to use it I thought I was the most advanced individual in the state. Ha!

I found a stack of 5-1/4" floppys in some boxes of books we were cleaning out recently. I thought about looking at them to see if there might be anything on them worth keeping, but suddenly realized I don't have a 5-1/4" drive anywhere anymore!:wacko:

My laptop at work doesn't have a floppy drive of any kind anymore.:(

I've got 4 at the moment

main comp - 2.8 gHz P4 (Northwood) homebuilt - Windows XP Home

secondary comp - 2.66 gHz P4 Medion - Vista Home Premium

I set this one up to play with Vista and to connect to my HDTV

laptop - Medion P4 mobile

And my parents recently returned the Dell 200 MHz Pentium Pro with Win98SE that I had given them. I bought it back in 1996 for around $3,000.:eek:

Desktops:

Dual AMD 2600, 2GB Ram, 1 Terabyte of storage (basically my media PC)

Apple iMacs (the originals: turquoise and charcoal)

Laptops:

IBM Thinkpad T30 (just for bringing to school and taking notes)

IBM Thinkpad T43 for living room use, web browsing, etc, etc, my all around machine

2 old Gateway laptops (old from 2004, lol)

iBook G4

I think a few of them have floppy drives, the iMacs have DVD players (huge at the time) and Superdisk drives.

edit: Almost forgot, my keyboard for my desktop is a faded beige gateway model about 12 years old (it's so solid I feel like I could play baseball using it as a bat)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a Dell Desktop and two Dell laptops, all less than three years old. The desktop is dead though, and not sure why. I can't reload the WinXP from the original disk provided by Dell, because none of the drivers install. Since the network card won't work without the drivers, I can't register the product. Why don't companies just give us the real installation discs instead of these stupid recovery discs?

It get's me here, sends email, and commits grievous harm by downloading PTP files. Is there any thing else it is supposed to do? :)

AMD athlon 1800, 1gb, 80gb hd CDRW/DVDRW, wireless.

AMD AthlonXP 3000+ (2.17GHz) in custom rig running WinXP. Still going strong...except for newer games with heavy graphics; they will be choppy. The ASUS mobo has been upgraded to the max so the only possible next upgrade would be a new computer altogether!

Latest posts