My cluster unit is having a field day

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daniel Butler

Reaction score
I replaced my battery on Sunday and flushed my tranny yesterday. Yesterday afternoon (Before the flush) my RPM and my Speedometer froze for about 5 minutes before going back to normal. Tonight, after my tranny flush yesterday, I turned on my truck, and my cluster seemed almost completely jammed. My Check engine light was on, my Miles read as "--------" and my gauges were frozen. I got curious and pressed the O/D button and everything went back to normal. The ST shifts fine like it's old self. I asked my friend about it and he said it could possibly be an electrical issue. Has anyone else ever had an issue similar to this?

Thanks,

Dan :sad:

Try something as simple as pulling the fuse for 5 or 10 minutes. You will lose your trip meter but maybe your gauges will reset. I forget which on it is but 7 rings a bell.

Thanks for the replies. I cleaned the connections for the battery and reconnected. Kind of crappy and dark out right now, so I'll hold off till tomorrow to see check and see if anything else loopy continues to happen. Tonight I'll check out the fuse manual to see if it's 7. :haveabeer:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just checked, 6, 14, 25, 27, and 28 are relating to the cluster. 6 Mainly being the cluster. Thanks Remguy, I'll give a checkup on that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, on the ST if the alternator is going wacky it tends to bug out the computer and wack out the truck..

Todd Z

Latest posts