my carpet sweeper was cancelled

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gary s

Reaction score
about 1/2 hour ago the family & i would have been on a southwest 737 headed to the sunshine state.

well due to the nice winter blizzard here in the northeast, no go :(

now not sure when or if we will be going .

thanks mother nature :eek:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep,, if you are in the NY area you are pretty much done.

Further, they are saying within the network that it may be DAYS before you get out.

How about looking into a train ride to get to a different state so you can get to your vacation???

Speaking from experience...I am based in JFK, you're pretty much through.. Hop in the most comfortable vehicle and start driving. Even with the weather the way it is, you will get there sooner, and less headache than sitting around a disgusting terminal with a million pissed off beasts!!!!! Take it from me, a pilot, I refuse to fly anywhere a week prior or a week after the xmas holiday! My wife and I fly close to 800,000 miles a year, when it comes to Christmas, we pack the ST and drive north for the holidays.. We don't even wanna SEE an airport when December rolls around!! Goodluck, take a road trip!!

I happen to be in SFO right now, they are telling the passengers to expect 2 to 4 days to get them to NY or the DC area..

AWW... we cant all own 2 houses and go to FL every month.....

WAHHHHHHHHHHH

[Broken External Image]:

I got caught in that storm heading south on I-75 yesterday, leaving KY and heading back to FL. About the time I hit the top of the mountains in TN the rain turned into some of the largest, heaviest snow I've ever seen. We were stopped at one point, managed to go about 1 mile in 1.5 hours! Overall, it turned my 9.5 hour trip into a 12 hour trip.:angry:

Silly eastern airports. I think I can count on one hand the number of times MSP has been closed due to snow.

It's cool the way they clear the runways at MSP. A line of plows get set up at the end of the runway and they start out one at a time so they become staggered. They haul ass doing 70 mph down the runway. Within ten minutes, the runway is clear and reopened.

MSP, CLE, PIT all very use to that amount of snow, so it is pretty easy for them as they are use to it.

DC gets cold but not normally SNOW to speak of. Sooo, they are freaking out a bit.. LOL

MSP may know how to deal with snow, but rain is another matter. I recall sleeping on the floor at MSP because we were stranded. The runway lights had shorted out and roads around the airport were flooded. We couldn't go anywhere.

it was quite an experience. We were ON the plane when the pilot decided to wait just a little bit. First there was a line of other planes waiting to take off. Then it was one thing then another. Then he said he was waiting for the 'small' rain squall to pass thru. LOL. After 1/2 hour we were told we had to deplane. We were in the process of that when he came on a said we needed to deplane " in a hurry and when we got into the terminal we were to go to the center on the terminal and stay away from the plate glass windows". You guess it. A tornado had been spotted. It went down hill from there.

If only we had back away from the gate at the original time. we would probably have gone out of town without any problems.

todd,

a famous quote by jeff spicoli in fast times at ridgemont high,

"you ...." :lol:

nyc airports are good at snow clearing. it was domino effect since it started in the south and shot up the eastern corridor.

right now, the snow is falling at 2-3" per hour on top of the 5" we have in blzzard conditions.

oh aunty em there is no place like home.

Barf! I spent 9 hours at Newark Airport last summer waiting for delayed flight to get there so I could get out of there. That was the longest 9 hours of my life. Newark airport sucked so bad- filthy dirty, worn out, no services, etc.

I don't know much about New Jersey, but it Neward Airport is any indication of what the rest of the state is like, no thanks to me. I'd go way out of my way to avoid it.

I threw up in my mouth typing this. :eek:

:lol::lol::lol:

Girlfriend was here on Thursday, supposed to stay until Sunday. Niece calls and says 20" expected on Friday eve..... so, GF hauls butt to get home before and gets within 1.5 hours from home (mountains of SW VA). After the Mazda Miata blew past at 70 in blowing snow and wrapped itself around the guard rail, she stopped and got a hotel room - stranded for 2 days.

She would have been fine in her Sequoia 4wd, it was the other idiots she was worried about. I can't wait to get out there Wed with the ATV and play in it,just hate that it cut my weekend with her and no kids short.......

I think I was wise to delay my annual trip to the US. One of my buddies tried to convince me to take a military hop from Ramstein to spend Christmas at home. Looking at the conditions, and knowing how hops are anyway, I would have never made it. After the five months I was on the road this year, it really is nice to sit at home and relax, even if I am alone.

Latest posts