My 2008 STA R. I. P.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Heckler

Reaction score
As I have posted in the past I have had issues with my Trac that leads me to no longer trust it. I would have driven it until the wheels fell off but after three PCM replacements in the last eight months, two of those stranding me on the side of the road, I felt it was time to move on. Ford decided to not make the sport trac any longer so I looked at the F150 but I just could not see me in something that big. So since I had been trying to all along get my trac(s) to sound like a mustang I just might as well GET a mustang! Yes I got the 2011 GT Premium Coupe with the 5.0 and of course in race red. I love this color! It's to late and dark to get pictures now but I will post them soon.

So I am sad and happy at the same time. I LOVED my trac as many of you know what I mean. I hope as a shift the gears on my 5.0 and enjoy the rush that I start a new love.

Thanks goes out again to Todd for getting me the x-plan pin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome.....

TJR, i personally would have drove that sucker to CA and back and got stuck 3 more times and Lemon lawed that sucker and FORCED ford to give me my money and prove a point.... LOL

But i also understand if he wanted a mustang, and a faster vehicle, then just sell the truck and move on....

Glad I could help !!!

Todd Z

From a guy that has a 2011 GT 500 in the garage, I have to tell you that the STA is the onlly thing I could find that I enjoyed driving when not in my Shelby! So to go from the STA to a 5.0, you will surely enjoy... Until the damned snows return.

Congrats and many happy burn outs!

Latest posts