Mustang Wheels

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug Mould

Reaction score
It appears that the 1994 and up Mustangs have the same bolt pattern as the Sport Trac. Has anybody tried Mustang wheels on their truck?

The weight rating are close to being too low for safe operation. If I recall correctly, the load rating of the wheels are only 1200 lbs. Not sure what the weight rating of stock ST wheels are though.

A few are running either stock Mustang wheels or knock-offs with no problems, though.

Replicas here, with load rating of 1460lbs per wheel. Since my ST weighs 4200lbs, I'm not worried.

Well my 4wd is 5300, So I would never use them...

Todd Z

Although the bolt pattern is the same, the Mustang wheels have more offset than Trac/Explorer/Ranger wheels meaning that the tire/wheel combo will be tucked closer to the body than is usually desired. Also some Mustang wheels run into clearance issues with the front hub. Both problems can be overcome with spacers, but that's a whole new can of worms.

I saw a white Ranger 4x4 with white Cobra R rims once, with the tires so close to the body it looked kinda silly IMO. :wacko:

I had a set on my trac at one time. The load rating was so close. I hauled a quite a bit in my trac with no issues. Pulled a trailer full of drywall with no issues. the offset was a little tight. No real sharp corners. If you get a set of 1 1/2 in spacers, you'll be good.

Latest posts