Mud Guards

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Len Zinger

Reaction score
I phoned my Ford dealer for mud guards for my recently acquired 07 ST. They said Ford doesn't have any for it. I drive some on unpaved roads and I need some. Any suggestions as to what is a good brand name to look for?

Len

Advance Auto, about $8.00 a pair.

A lot of places seem to have quit carrying them but Advance Auto still does.

Ford has a universal one with Ford on them. Fast Parts Network sells them. I have a set and they look pretty good.

I have the huskys, they are nice and wide. they look ok, I had to order them for the 06 explorer at the time as they did not have one listed for the 07 ST yet. this was over a year ago however so they may have it now.

I have the Husky molded flaps on my '07. They look very nice and are quality - just as good as the Ford molded flaps for the '01-05. Took me 20 minutes to put them on-- had to drill a few holes but no big deal. I've had mine on for over a year and they look like new.

I agree with Gavin. I've bought both the OEM guards and the Huskies...there's no comparison. Ford no longer offers the nice molded mudguards that were available for previous generation Tracs. Get the Huskies.

Len

Run a search for mud guards or mud flaps. I have the Husky's and there are pictures of mine in that discussion, or just take a look at them in my library.

Brad

yea.. johnny o is right we sell them at advance auto...

we even have a catalog that has more option that what we have in the store...

most are around $10

Reaper said:
yea.. johnny o is right we sell them at advance auto...

I needed some for the used Focus I bought last year. Couldn't find any anywhere, finally caved and bought a pair for the front with the word "Focus" printed on them (in case nobody could tell what kind of car it was I guess) at the dealer for $45.00. :blink: Still cheaper than paint a few years down the road.

Then one day I pop into an Advance Auto and lo and behold, plain black mudflaps (which I've always preferred anyway) for about $8.00/pair. Got a pair for the rear, later two pair for my Trac, just got another pair for the rear of my son's Mustang.

Always liked plain black because it blends in with the tire and isn't as noticeable.