MS Outlook

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Need help from PC gurus... notice I didn't say Geeks :)

I have MS Office 2003 on my computer, Currently I'm running Outlook Express but I want to change to Outlook so I can use the calendar, etc. I've gone into the Control Panel, Internet Options, and changrd the mail from Express to Outlook. Then when I try to open Outlook I get the "Creating Welcome" screen and then I get error message. Can anyone provide me the steps to change over to Outlook? Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am an IT geek and this one is always a PITA (pain in the a$$). If you don't have a lot of mail to keep, I would suggest forwarding the mail to your work/other email and then sending it back. Otherwise, you can select all of the emails you want to save or simly your inbox and choose the export function in OE and save the file to your desktop. Then you can open Outlook and import the file. I know this is quite abreviated, but there are plenty of onlibe resources through a simple Google search of you need more in-depth details.

Of course, you still have to create a base email account in Outlook to import the OE files to. That is probably the error you are getting in Outlook: no email setup and/or no email database associated (.pst file).

Robbie,

Did you set up Outlook to connect to your email provider? Most providers have instructions on their websites on how to do this. Since I see from your profile that you're with Bellsouth, I looked up (on their website) the instructions for setting up Outlook 2002/2003.

Linky below:

Robbie,

Going from Outlook Express to Outlook 2003 is fairly easy. Doing an export from Express to Outlook works fine... Plus you can also do the Mail settings with no issue from the Account Screen using the export function there.

If you get the error after the welcome screen it could be acouple issues. Either a install file issue which can be solved by reinstalling outlook, or it may be an issue with the PST file. Which try renaming the current PST file to OLDOUTLOOK.PST and than open outlook and it will tell you that the PST file is missing and ask you if you want to open a current PST file or creat a new one. Create a new one and than just do your Imports from Express!

If you have any issues post the exact errors and I sure there is enough of us that work in the industry to help you out!

Cheers

Whit

Latest posts