MPG? Distance Till Empty?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Lamb

Reaction score
I was wondering in my old Explorer Limited i had the awesome computer in the center console that told me everything like MPG, Distance till empty stuff like that really the only one I'm interested in is something that can read out my MPG and the DTE anything stock i can just search for and plug in? Or do i need to go aftermarket? if so any suggestions thanks a lot

I agree kanadian, my daughter's '97 Explorer Eddie Bauer has that computer, it sits in the console right where that useless hole is on the ST's.

The current mpg is kinda useless since it varies so much depending on current throttle. The miles to empty and avg mpg is very useful, although it is scary how bad mpg those vehicles can get :(

I didnt order the electronics package in my '07. Think I can order the 4 line message center and install it afterwards?

I have the ScanGage and really like it. Beside being useful to read and reset any CEL error code, it can display all kinds of useful realtime info like MPH, MPG, Volts, RPM, etc.

:D

Latest posts