MP3 player operation

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brett Hartwig

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just bought an MP3 player and I am lost. Not very computer literate, and I don't understand how I am supposed to get songs recorded on this thing. Instruction manual isn't very helpful. I don't understand where I find the songs to begin with. I get that I have to click and drag eventually, but where do I even find my songs I want to listen to? Any pointers for a techno idiot? thanks

what kind or mp3 player is it? you can rip current cd's that you have to your computer, or download new songs via itunes, windows media, or other sources.

lets start with what brand mp3 player you have. and its specs

Hi Freeport, If you're not really comfortable with computers best bet may be to return it and buy an Apple iPod or Microsoft Zune. Both of those offer much nicer interfaces than the generic mp3 players tend to.

Both offer the advantage where you just put a CD into your computer, hit one button and it rips (copies) your CD to the computer, names all your songs correctly and syncs it to your player.

agree with mark. wife and i just got i-pods and it is pretty easy to set up. not to mention, the quality of sound is awesome. its also great when i play it thru the port on my 07 trac.

good luck

Freeport - You need to convert your CD's into the MP3 format. Windows media player supposedly can do that, although I haven't tried. Use the RIP tab in the media player to copy your CD's (there are probably some options to select).

I personally use Exact Audio Copy and the LAME MP3 encoder to generate variable bit rate MP3 files. They have the best balance of quality versus file size. It takes a little work to set up the software the first time, but it is worth the effort.

you should just be able to plug it in to your USB drive, then click on "my computer", double click the drive you have plugged it in to. then like you said just click and drag the songs you have ripped into the window

I have an MP3 player and here is how I do it.

Open Windows Media player, insert one of your disk you want to put on the MP3 player.

You should have tabs at the top.. find the one that says RIP.. click on that and follow the instructions to copy your disk to your computer.

After that is done, and you have RIP'd or copied your disk to your computer, connect your MP3 player with the cable it came with (usually they come with a cable to connect to your USB Port) then click the SYNC tab in Windows Media Player. You select the songs you want to load to your MP3 player on the left..

Once you have the songs set up.. click on Start Sync.. It will copy your songs to your MP3 player.

Latest posts