Moving Fuel Gauge?!?!?!?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toni Rader

Reaction score
Does anyone else have this problem?? My 01 ST's fuel gauge seemes to move. During my 20 mile drive to work (~45 min), my fuel gauge will fluctuate anywhere within a quarter-tank range. I don't know why this happens. I have only had my ST for two months, and this problem hasn't stopped. I don't even know how many miles to a tank I can get cuz who knows when I am on E. Also, does an 01 have a low fuel light that comes on around an eighth of a tank?

Sounds like the sender is bad in the gas tank... This was an issue on earlier 01's.. IF you have it changed, you may want to have the fuel pump changed as well...

As far as the light, I am not sure...

Todd Z

Most of the '01s do it. Mine does. Todd, I believe the sender and in-tank fuel pump are one unit anyway.

Also, the low fuel indicator is the "CHECK GAGE" light. It comes at appx the 2 gallon level (again, on mine it did).

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine moves as well. :eek:

2001 job 1 4x4

I also think the 2 gallon level for the "Check Gage" light is about right. :unsure:

Hope this helps,

KatManT

Latest posts