moved one for another.....

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thx chris.

also looking at trd rear sway, front strut. wheels are a must.

btw: like the release colour :supercool:

No problem. Mine came with the rear sway bar so I have no idea how much it helps. I have the TRD exhaust on mine now - love the sound.

I would like to add the TRD CAI but because of the body kit, the little black knockout that is on the lower driver's side front bumper is covered up and Toyota advises against using it on the RS 5.0 because of that.

oh yea, forgot about the body kit on the rs.

not going to do an exhaust. i had them on all my tracs and at this point can do without. but, i bet it does sound good !!!!

my rep claims that the illuminated door sills are pre-wired. once the snow melts i gotta' check. i would add that opt.

just on the fence with the trd wheels? maybe tirerack...

and that pic is not my new xb, i used it for the wheels and i don't have the sunroof.

Prewired to an extent if I recall. TRD Sparks's website lists most of the installation instructions for the accessories. It's a good place to go to get a feel for just how much is involved.

I like the TRD wheels, if I didn't have the upgraded ones, I would probably be looking around for a deal on them. Sunroofs aren't a factory option (unless they have changed that). the RS 5.0 and the RS 8.0 (in Voodoo Blue) are the only ones to have a factory sunroof. I can't imagine what the price is to have a dealer do one.

It's funny about the body kit. That front bumper just bolts over the stock one. When I took it off for the fog lights, I was like, huh?

chris,

thx for the info. the wheels are $205.00 each and that it toyota employee cost from the dealer. probably can get the cheaper if you look around.

correct, roofs are dealer or port installed. i will pass.

gonna' check out the website :supercool:

Gary~ the door sills are fairly simple from what they told us, I had dealer install cuz I didn't want to screw it up!

And from what we were told, about $1500.00 to $1700.00 to have the moon roof installed (2008) and also told they have a pretty good warranty on them.

Chris~ :welcome: to the 'moved one for another..... show your box' thread! :supercool:

if you're thinking about the TRD cai, I was told it is discontinued from the dealership. I have a buddy here in town that loves having his, and I was going to do it, but not available (from dealer) been looking around for aftermarket but haven't found any that has the design like the TRD (actually has direct airflow through the drivers side vertical vent) in the bumper cladding, right next to the fog light. Bad thing abot the addon mods from Scion, is they're so stinking exspensive!

pap,

moon roof i will pass.

trd rear sway & front strut brace a must. wheels?

what is betta' then a box :grin:

yeah, my buddy has just about all the mods you can add to his box, including lowering springs and the sway bars. He's pleasantly surprised how well they help in handling corners. Also checked the xb forum, and one of the most suggestions is the sway bars, mainly the front. Because of the design of the frame, it helps with the "tweaking" or twist in the frame while cornering.

The wife sure enjoys her moon roof in the Juke, though. We were actually going to see about having one put in the box... Scion did give us the option to put one in when we purchased it. (same one they put in the release series, like Chris was talking about)

Pappy,

Thanks for the welcome :). The ST was wonderful for the 6+ years I had it - no issues whatsoever. I just got tired of the gas mileage (since 99% of the time it was just me) and that it barely fit on my side of the garage. The picture of my xB is where the ST used to park. Also, I couldn't pass up the deal on the RS 5.0.

They discontinued the CAI? Wow, I'm surprised that no one on the newscionxb.com site has said anything. With my RS 5.0 the direct vent is covered up by the body kit. They put a black sticker on the body kit where the vent would be. A lot of people are using the K&N CAI - it is pricy though and is not a direct vent.

Chris

Gary, caymen is always mad! lol j/k... just a "hater".

Chris, I went in about 2 weeks ago and asked for price on the TRD cai, and the guy said it was discontinued and that a lot of their aftermarket things were being discontinued. I like the TRD because it was a direct vent.

I hear ya on the ST thing, my xB is parked where mine use to be. I was laid off and there were a lot of little things going on that I couldn't afford to fix at this time and gas is spendy at 3.29 gal and 13.5 mpg's. The xb, over 31 mpg's! I will have to get a truck later when economy will allow that to happen, but for now the Scion is a great commuter (hauls a$$ and tools).

Gary, :back2topic: My daughter loves her '05 Camry, got a sweet deal, fully loaded and says she wouldn't want any other car... although she wants to jump in the Juke whenever she can!

pap,

juke, Xb....things are goin' downhill :sad:

sold the camry to toy dealer. good price. thought the escape would be better for my son and wifey wants the Xb with wheels/mods.

:worthless:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts