motorcraft or ford rotors?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Max Trax

Reaction score
I own a 01 job 2 so it's recently come to my attention I may need new rotors. I've seen motorcraft rotors for sell in amazon for less than $70 is this as good as the OEM ford part for $199? Know where to get the best rotor for cheap? Thanks.

I am running the Wagners on my 2003 4wd st and LOVE them..........

Todd Z

I got Wagners from O'Reillys, I think they were $103/ea? and they were made in China. I got Ford rotors from my local Ford parts house for I think $123/ea, one was made in USA and the other in Canada.

I have a 01 also and just replaced the rotors. I have found nobody to confirm that Ford makes two different rotors (Motorcraft and OEM Ford) for this vehicle (including the parts guy at MLD). From a manufacturing perspective, it makes no sense to make two, but, from a marketing perspective, it does make sense to sell two at different price points. I priced both at two dealers and the Ford model were less expensive than the Motorcraft (surprised the parts guy). I have not seen the Motorcraft, but I'd bet (a small amount) that they have the forged Bosch name on them as do the Ford part.

I went with the Ford part because it was less expensive (at the time).

We had a training a few years ago about this and the guy giving the lecture said that the only difference was the name on the box. Both are made by the same manufacturer. I will say this, though, the Motorcraft front rotors for the 2004-2008 F150, while almost the same price as the Ford branded box, are the better deal because they come with the single-use hub nut included.

Latest posts