More Dallas pics

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could not have sport tracs with out some mustangs, Or is that, can't be in texas with seeing a horse??...

Don't know...

Nice pics... An 07 may be in my future...

Todd Z

I suspect it was mentioned several times here already, but I hadn't heard about the addition of the in-bed toolboxes. Great add-on! I can't wait to see what the LeverLift Company does with them! :)

Speaking of which--Rich, do you have any idea yet regarding compatibility of the current LeverLifts with the updated factory lid? And/or of the old factory lid with the updated truck? If/when I ever upgrade my Sport Trac to a newer one, I'd ideally like to save some money by taking my lid and my LeverLift with me--but now I'm not sure that'll be a possibility.

I actually like the '07 and think Ford has done a good job addressing several issues raised in the past by members of this site and automotive reviewers. For example several members have mentioned the bed tie downs and their tendancy to catch and rip shirts. It looks like they've been redesigned to look smoother and prevent this. They've also painted the lower cladding now which is something board members have been doing for years. Plus I noticed that the bed extender locking pins look beefier unlike the plastic ones some members have had to replace because they've broken.

They also addressed and added some of the things auto critics have harped on like the independent rear suspension and stronger engine. Personally I think Ford did a good job on the '07 and would not mind replacing my '04 with one.

With that said though I do agree with I believe Caymen's comments that the grill does look like it was taken off of a Jetta. Though I don't think that odd grill would be enough to keep me from getting one. Just my two cents. :)

And thanks Rich and other members for the great pics of the 07 from Texas!

Last edited by a moderator:
Bill V,

Sorry to say that you'll have spend more money when you buy a 2007 ST. The bed is longer, wider and deeper than the current model. Which means the current OEM hard cover, bike rack, bed divider and bed extender won't fit on the new Trac. I know this for a fact because I asked the question at the dinner Friday night.

I don't know about the LeverLifts, though. The new bed may not have as many pre-drilled holes in it as the current bed. If it doesn't, Richard may have to redesign the plate that hold's the LeverLift to the interior side of the bed.

Alan

Who was it that said a tool box in the bed is just a gimmick? LOL.

<b>Quote by Caymen:</b> The little things are gimmicks. The trunk in the bed. How many here actually ever wanted a trunk under the bed? The only good thing it can be used for is stuffing it full of ice and drinks. For that, I have a cooler I can plug into my Trac's bed. When I go into a hotel room, I can plug the cooler into the 110V in the room and keep my drinks handy when I want one.

[Broken External Image]:

Is the bed still Composite? That looks more like steel with a spray on liner.

How about the back window? It doesn't look like it opens anymore.

edit- I like the in-bed box since I tend to carry a small box with tiedowns and stuff.

Phill,

The Ford reps at the Auto show left us with the impression that the Job 2 production run will probably have the power rear window.

Anyone get a photo of the "Sport Trac" badge on the tailgate? Is it different than the most recent all-silver one? (Let's hope it didn't go back to the red-and-white original one!)

Bill V,

Here is the only one that I have, so I'll need to describe it to you.

In a chrome rectangle, across the top in red letters is "SPORT TRAC". Below "sport" is "EXPLORER" and below "trac" is "LIMITED" (I presume if it an XLT, it will have that; remember only two models for 2007: Limited and XLT).

[Broken External Image]:

Rob T,

After looking at the new Trac, I have to stand by my statement. They have to do something to get people to buy it.

Tom

aka

I am going to drive my Trac until the wheels fall off. That should be about 2015.

Thanks Mookie! I hope that the color of the letters is "body color", not just red. If so, I think it's a nice improvement over previous renditions...

The Tool box would be great. I always have a bag of tie downs flopping around the bed, a flashlight would also be great in there. Tire chains too.

The independent suspension, good for the tarmac can also be good off-road, it just isn't modification friendly for lifts or extreme articulation.

Latest posts