Monroe load adjusting shocks

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys, I haul a lot of hunting gear in the bed and sometimes tow a trailer. Now its always squatting swaying and roling in the rear. Time for new shocks.

QUESTION: Has anyone had experience with Monroe sensa trac 'load adjusting spring over" shocks? I have read enough on the net to think this is what I need to buy this time, but they are expensive and i dont want to if folks have had issues with them.

Do they ride stiff when not loaded or squeak or jack the rear end up abnormally? I have

a 2 wd 2001. Any negatives out there

Also last time someone hooked me up with a cheap place to get a radiator and it worked out great. can anyone tell me where to get these cheap. they are $99 at Advanced auto.

Thanks guys

Poman OUT!

Not personal experience or ST even, but a lot of guys over on a Jeep forum I'm on have been switching over to them to help offset the sag in the rear after adding steel bumpers and armor.

So far it's been nothing but positive reviews from them, and they have been finding them on amazon for about $100 a pair.

FYI, all Monroe load adjusting shocks are sold by the pair...

I checked 2 sites for prices. They list each. When I ran the total. The price came out charging for each.

It said 2 reqiured and the cart came out 109 x 2= $218

Thats why I didnt post. His $99 was the better than I found..

CLICK INFO IN "MAKE SURE IT FITS" BOXES AND "SEE ALL VEHICLES THIS PRODUCT FITS" :

Fitment Notes: Rear Sensa Trac Load Adjusting, FOR TOWING AND HAULING - THIS PRODUCT IS PAIR PACKED/PRICED

Rear Sensa Trac Load Adjusting

SHOCK ABSORBER - PACKAGE OF TWO - MAINTAINS RIDE HEIGHT UP TO 1200 LB

Last edited by a moderator:
See rebate link on Amazon web page.

Monroe mail in rebate through 10/31/11

May require purchasing four. Check details.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking at the monroe site. They dont list reflex for the front of gen1 tracs. Only rear. I wonder if they quit making them? Or no longer recomend them?

Have them on my 04 ride is just fine and it is level with an empty bed. I got them from a local parts house next day s/o for about $90 each, yes they are only sold as pairs in one box. I would recommend them highly.

I got them on today guys and it jacked the rear end of my o1 ST up about 1.5.-2 inches now its high in the rear. rides good and serves the purpose i wanted but looks funny.

Where and what kind can I buy for the front to level her out?

poman OUT!

Latest posts