Moble 1

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave King 2

Reaction score
Just bought a 5 gal. jug of Moble 1 at Walmart for 21.00. Thats only 4.20 a qt. It was a price rollback special. Normal price is 23.00 which is still cheaper than anywhere else in my area. Most places are around 6.00 a qt. Just though I would let you know if you use

moble 1.

I saw a Walmart commercial on TV just last night that touted rollback prices for oil that included Mobil 1 but didn't mention the price.

yea, i saw a new walmart commercial that promoted changing your own oil cuz it could save you money buying it from them in the 5qt and 4qt containers for the larger name brands they offer

Gary, my Moble 1 container says made in USA. Walmart is an American corporation. How is that supporting China? I didn't buy a product made in China.

itchy,

I think gary s. is just making a joke (that's why he put the :bwahaha: after his post). He is jerking the chain on someone else here who hates Wal-Mart and claims to only buy American-made products.

Mobil-1 is a good product that I have used in all my vehicles for nearly the past 10 years. My 2008 Mercedes came from the factory with Mobil-1 in the engine (9 quarts) and I only have to change the oil once a year or 13K miles. Which reminds me it's due int the next two weeks.

...Rich

Just a heads-up on Mobil 1. I'm anal about, well, many things, and occasionally send my used oil out to be tested. Regular Mobil 1 was fine but the UOA for Mobil 1 Truck & SUV came back awful for wear metals (on a Ranger I used to have, same engine). On this truck I've been using Mobil 1 0W-30 Fuel Economy Formula and the UOA came back fine.