Mirrow glass

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not in an ST, but in a Hyundai you either need fancy screwdriver work or you need to take the entire mirror off and apart

I had to replace the passenger-side mirror glass on my Toyota a couple of years ago.

I ordered a new mirror glass from Toyota and the glass comes attached to a plastic frame backing plate that just snaps onto the mounting in the mirror housing. I installed the new mirror in the parking lot at the Toyota dealership, no tools needed..:banana:

I have electrically adjustable mirrors on my Toyota, but not heated mirrors. I don't know if all adjustable side mirror replacement glass is the same.

...Rich

Check this out..

http://www.muthco.com/epapers/21000790.pdf

From the photos in Todd's post it appears that the the Exporer side mirror glass mounts in a very similar fashion to my Toyota. You just push the mirror with frame attached onto the motorized mount inside the mirror.

...Rich

Wow, looking at all that I'll just pay the $40 for a new mirror. I have a new glass I pulled out of a junkyard Explorer but that's too much. I cracked the driver side mirror glass last winter.

Jerry,

You do NOT have to remove the door panel and mirror just to replace the glass. The link shows you how tor replace the factory mirrors with Muth mirrors.

If the mirror housing is OK, and just the glass is broken, you can buy the mirror glass with the plastic backing frame already attached for about $20 (that's about what it cost for my Toyota), and you can just pop the mirror on in less than 2 minutes and no tools are required!! Why would you want to pay someone $40 just to do that??

...Rich