Miracles do happen

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gene Marshall

Reaction score
I started complaining to my dealership at 3000 miles and every 3000 thereafter about my Crapyear tires vibrating and cupping. Went in today at 12000 miles and finally got results. Up to this point every time I went in they would rotate and re-align front end. I finally was able to convince them that rotating was just moving the cupped tires around and was not solving the problem. Today they said that they had got a bulletin that the alignment was incorrect on the 05 and they now had new settings. They re-aligned and put on new tires, thats right I said new tires. They are still Crapyears but at least they are not cupped at the moment. I'll have to put some miles on them to see if the new settings really did any good. My Trac is an 05 4X4. Tomorrow I will be replacing the stock shocks.

did they happen to give you any of the alignment print outs ???

I would like to see the "new" specs they call out....

Sounds like a good deal...

Todd Z

I don't know, but I had my 01 aligned at Ford who said it was dead on, yet it kept pulling left. I brought it to my usual tire place which found it slightly out of alignment, corrected it, and only charged me $20 since it was such a slight adjustment. Problem solved.

Latest posts