MILEAGE IS HORIBBLE!!!!!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam Sammons

Reaction score
Any suggestions, I have an '01 mileage is averaging 14 in town 18 hwy,,, recent tune-ups, fuel cleaner in... totoly lost right now on this.. if it stays this way may have to part with trac

Did you use to get better mileage or is this a new vehicle to you.

Traditionally, the Trac is a pretty poor mileage type vehicle....

the v-6 just has to work hard and it uses alot of gas. i would love to get the milage you are getting.

That sounds pretty good to me. I just got 20 mpg last weekend on a trip from Chesapeake, VA to Asheville NC. I was thrilled to go 400 miles on one fill up!! What you got about what I get around town.

sounds about right I have a 2005 and get around that, depends how I drive the most I got was 415 miles per tank when I first got it. now average 18 hwy 15 city.

I average 18.5 for a mix of hwy, city, stop & go, country road, etc.

I average 17 in town and about 19 on the highway. There's not a whole lot you can do to improve it. Driving habits make the biggest difference.

I get about 16-17 in town and about 20 on the highway going 70-75 MPH.

Mileage depends a lot on your driving habits, the terrain, the volume of traffic, vehicle maintenance, and the weather.

If you accellerate quickly and stop quickly, your driving habits are costing you a lot of gas.

If you live and drive in hilly terrain, you will burn more gas.

If you drive in heavy congestion, even on highways, traffic continuously changes speeds and you burn more gas the more you accellerate. This can be seasonal and vary, like when schools are in session, I encounger more school zones with longer and more frequent traffic light stops.

If you air filter is dirty, tires are under inflated, vehicle out of tune, etc it can kill gas mileage.

If the temperature is colder the engine needs a bit more fuel.\

If the streets are wet or snow covered, you will get more slippage and use more gas.

In some parts of the country, different gas blends can change your mileage. Alcohol fuels get about 25% less miles than gas. Also, many gasoilines contain as much as 10%-15% alcohol as an inexpensive additive to increase the octane level of the gas.

The last thing to remember is that the EPA mileage estimates posted on new cars is only a calculation based on a formula that is about 30 years old.

...Rich

IT has alot on how you drive as well... I know here EVERY ST i see i have to Race up to to try to ping them....

Todd Z

Yeah, driving habits does have a lot to do with it. My best was over 20mpg during a road trip going mostly 75mph. I average at or just below 17 mpg on 1/3 city 2/3 highway miles. I have intake, exhaust, and 87 perf. tune on Xcal, all the while driving spiritedly.

Consumer Reports said Cingular Wireless had the most dropped calls when the Telphia said they were the best.

"During the 1st quarter of 2006, Telephia reported that during an extensive nationwide test of major wireless carriers, Cingular Wireless dropped the fewest amount of calls across the country. Cingular in turn began advertising with more aggression the "Allover Network". This was in stark contrast to the Consumer Unions published "Consumer Reports" which slammed Cingular for static and dropped calls."

Then again, Consumer Reports says the Japanese make the best cars. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
I average around 14 in town and get about 17 on the highway ('03 Adrenaline 4x4).

Gas jumped $0.15 a gallon this week. We are at $2.59 a gallon here, and AAA says we will be above $3.50 a gallon by summer for the rest of the year.

State is passing a law REQUIRING 10% ethanol in all gas (for the farmers). Several folks say that this will increase the cost of gas because of ethanol shortages.

Latest posts