Might you be a CAR SALESMAN, Psycareyo?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
George C,

Thanks. I didn't remember those. Seems like you listed one dispute between an active member, one with a less than active member (did't reply to the thread), and another with a sponsor.

Regardless, I really don't think this particular thread was handled properly. Lasik (the originator) seems to agree. Personally, I don't think swap and sell disputes should be allowed to be aired publically on this forum. Little good can come of it, IMHO.

You disagree, that's fine. I don't feel that strongly about it, BTW. I just like to post. :)

Regardless, I really don't think this particular thread was handled properly

Hmmm,

No matter how or what we do we NEVER DO IT right for some one or everyone...

I will not start listing things we have done that people wanted changed, or was changed, or was handled, or wasnt handled, and some one had issue with...

We are dammed if we do and dammed if we dont.....

Todd Z

We are dammed if we do and dammed if we don't.....

That's always true. I supervise a large group of people and I couldn't agree with you more. Do the best you can, do what YOU think is right and don't look back.

Like I mentioned in past threads like this one - I read for pure entertainment and try not to get involved - because like you insinuated, you'll always piss someone off <-- (MY words)

We luv the site hosts (at least I think MOST of us do!) :banana:

:banana::haveabeer::haveabeer:

Last edited by a moderator:
Regardless, I really don't think this particular thread was handled properly.

In response to this, Todd Z said:
Hmmm,

No matter how or what we do we NEVER DO IT right for some one or everyone...

I will not start listing things we have done that people wanted changed, or was changed, or was handled, or wasnt handled, and some one had issue with...

We are dammed if we do and dammed if we dont.....

Todd Z

Todd Z,

I don't think that he was referring to how site administrators handled this thread, but rather how the two parties involved handled it. I don't think think that anything about this thread warranted site admins becoming involved. Nothing about this thread appears to have violated site rules, and the originator agreed that it could have been handled differently (better). And both parties have since discussed the matter privately and come to a mutually agreed-upon resolution.

You and the other site admins step in when it's really necessary, and do a great job ensuring that this is the best, most resourceful site on the web for Sport Tracs. But on the rare occasions that you do have to "flash the badge" and enforce the rules, you're sure to piss someone off. Just comes with the territory. "Can't please all of the people all of the time..."

Keep up the great work!:supercool:

First of all, I have the utmost respect for everybody on this forum. I've been staying away from this post for a reason, but I felt the need to comment on ONE statement that was made.

When Psycareyo stated:

only 10 decent contributers left to the site anyway. Everyone else is seems to be the e-Thug know-it-all type that just fills forums with fodder.

I have to disagree with him. Aren't there 20+ members heading to Louisville for the Annual ST meet?! I believe that there were a couple people, myself included, who paid registration fees even though we aren't able to attend, just to support MYST.COM.

I have to admit that I think this board has become a lot better in the last month and all members seem to be able to take "ribbing" in good nature. Hopefully it continues.

EDIT: I just realized that Psycareyo probably didn't mean financial contributions...

shaun,

Yes, the board has been quiet. Certain members have not been posting anything. It has been pretty nice.

Tom

Just to clarify...

Regarding our admins and their opinions, I don't think they needed to be or should have been heavy handed in this situation; per say.

I also don't have a problem with people airing some warnings in public, especially if for non-members and for sponsors. However, I do think when the dispute is between active members that the participants need to keep it civil, and the admins should assure that is the case.

Not to pick on George, but George C said:
The reason is we do not get in the middle unless something is illegal or there are threats, attacks or name calling. Lasik did not do any of this. He just posted emails and Carey did not disagree with any of the facts.

To that I completely disagree. Lasik even stated that he did "attack" Carey in the thread. Essentially, from the very title and opening of the post he attacks Carey's profession. I don't know who wouldn't consider that a "low blow" attack.

The intent of the thread seemed to be to get opinions if renegging on a deal is something that should be done. I submit that 100 out of 100 people before even knowing the facts of a case will agree it's never warranted; and that 99 out of 100 after knowing the facts will still have the opinion that renegging is a bad thing. So, the stated reason for Lasiks post is pretty much moot. I submit that Lasik knew Carey was wrong; Carey knew he was wrong (and doesn't care or can sleep at night through rationalization), and any sampling of people will agree that Carey is wrong. So, what's the point of the public opinion poll, really?

The real reason for the post, IMHO, was to blow off steam, and maybe to warn people of Carey's ethics. Lasik would hopefully agree that's the case. If that is the case, then it's a fine post, otherwise, I guess. If it were me, I would simply post an "ALERT" on the swap and sell board with a title saying:

"Member alert - before dealing with any member here email to get my side of a recent deal that went badly and be forewarned!"

The above approach could have kept things more civil...and been less of like driving by a car accident at a slow speed.

Again, I am assuming some things here, and this is simply my opinion. We potentially (probably) lost a member this week; and some have said good riddance. But since this guy wasn't actively selling a bunch of stuff on this site, I don't think the risk exposure was such that we needed this public service and incivility.

As for not being able to please all the people all the time; I'm not displeased. I simply think all parties could have done better here. If you expect little, you usually get it.

TJR

Latest posts