Might be forced to sell, what would you pay?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris smith 5

Reaction score
Circumstances at work may force my hand here. I would have the option to store the Trac, but I'm not very excited about letting it sit for 15+ months.

The good:

2008 Adrenalin V8 2WD - 48,200 miles

Leather

Factory Navigation

Calhoun Lowering Springs

Gunmetal Shelby Razors, 275/45/20 Falkens with less than 4K miles

Steeda bed hook delete plates

Nocturnal Intake w/ K&N filter

Corsa exhuast w/powder coated pipes perf. exhaust tip

Brake Performance slotted/drilled rotors and premium semi metallic pads

MGP satin silver caliper covers

Energy Suspension Urethane sway bar end links

Custom billet grille / fender vents

Amsoil 5W20 and motorcraft filter every 5k miles

Amsoil 75w140 in differential (changed May 11)

Transmission fluid/filter replaced May 11

Never gets washed with water! Clay bar and detail spray, Tech wax, then more detail spray

The Bad:

48K miles commuting had lead to a couple of rock chips up front. Not bad, but the truck isnt perfect.

The wife drove it for 7 months while I was deployed. Came home to find the area around the gas cap scuffed up from removing the cap and allowing it to dangle and roll over the bed side.

2 small scratched on the drivers side of the bed as well. All in all, just about normal wear and tear.

Other than that, its mint.

I dont owe much, but I know that its sexy, and I know that its worth alot more than the boneheads at carmax have offered. I also know that IF I have to sell, I will need to sell fast.

Is $23,000 reasonable?

What would you pay?

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Carey, I'll know later this afternoon or first thing tomorrow if I have to sell. It would need to be gone before the end of the month. Thats why I ask if $23K is reasonable, for a quick sale. Am I low? What would you pay?

Also have all the original take offs.

- Factory Adrenalin wheels

- Factory Intake

- Factory Exhaust

- Original Adrenalin grille

Your rims are probably worth over $1000

Your intake isn't worth much but the Factory exhaust tip is worth at least $30+ Mayben even double that.

The Adrenalin grille is really only good so someone with an adrenalin so I don't know what thats worth...

You can get the same price. By putting it back stock.

Sell the custom and performance stuff on the board or somplace else. More $$ in your pocket.

Eddie, I'd rather let somebody enjoy the fruits of my labor (and let them have the factory parts as a bonus). I'm sure I could make a little more parting it out and returning to stock, but it just looks so good this way. Hopefully there is someone out there who likes it as much as I do.......

completely agree with eddie. However, I feel it would sell faster the way it is now. Maybe raise your price a little bit. The percent advance will still work. Banks will still loan on that truck even with all the aftermarkets on it, that drive the price up.

This is where Chargedtrac and I will likely have issues when we go to sell our supercharged sport tracs. Banks will not support the added aftermarket value versus the book value of the vehicle. Obviously, we would want more than book because of the superchargers. I don't know if that helps illustrate my point at all...

I agree with both Eddie and Psycareyo,

Advertise it with all the mods for a little more than you want to get for it. If you get someone interested, they may buy it for the asking price, and you can sell the stock parts

If they try to pretend that the mods have decreased the value, you can just tell them to pay the asking price and you will return it to 100% stock, and sell the custom parts for extra money. Either way it can be a win-win for you and the buyer.

...Rich

should you sell your lowered springs to Carey and need a set of stock springs with 300 miles... From my 2010 STA - Let me know...

What would I pay?

Probably no more than $1,000 more than the boneheads at Carmax offered you.

I find them to be pretty good at buying cars and selling them cheaply (meaning they don't put huge amounts of cash in their pockets).

What you have into it, and what you think it might be worth aren't really the issue. The market defines the price.

I say go to Edmunds.com and plunk in the details for your area. Go with that.

TJR

Carmax has been nothing short of scandalous both times I have taken a vehicle to them. Back in 07' they offered me $3500 for my 01' Trac. Meanwhile, they had another Trac on the lot with peeling paint and 3 times the mileage for $9k. 10 days later mine sold on Autotrader for $10K.

Maybe things are different at your Carmax. I'll hold out hope that if I need to sell soon, I can sell private party.

I would have to agree with TJR. Edmunds.com seems to have the most accruate prices and that is the website that the dealer used when I traded in my Sport Trac for my Mercedes.

I even printed out the quote from Edmunds, and which was $1000 more than the dealer originally offered. My Sport Trac was just detail and was absolutely ready to go on his used car lot, so he said OK, and gave me the highest Edmunds price.

The same thing with my late wife's 2003 Saturn Ion3, and he gave me $500 over the Edmund.com price. The Saturn was also detail prior to bringing it to the dealer, but he said it needed tires (which was true) and he wanted to remove the window-tint since it was starting to bubble in a few place (that was also true).

It only cost me just over $200 to have both vehicles detailed and that increased the trade -in value by $1500, so I always recommend getting a good detail job done (or do it yourself) before you take it to the dealer or try to sell it. It really is a cheap way to increase the value of your vehicle.

...Rich

$23k sounds about right- I paid $26.5 18 mo ago for my '08 - it had 5000 miles and was showroom. Personally, I prefer the stock wheels and grille and would not buy yours, but you have a unique look and I'm sure plenty of guys would like it. I would try and sell it as is to save yourself some time and trouble and hope you find the right buyer. If that fails and you have to sell fast, put the cosmetics back to stock and rerun.

Well guys, no official word on orders just yet. All signs point to a departure though, so I have listed it on ebay starting Friday night, 9 September. If it doesnt go on ebay, I'll give it a few weeks on Autotrader. Still nothing from there, I'll gladly hang on to it!

<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170694155563&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649#ht_1430wt_1165">eBay listing</a>

Latest posts