Mental Block - What's that tire brand?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandon W

Reaction score
Someone here will know what I am thinking of. A long time back someone asked "what's the most agressive-looking tire I can put on the stock 15" rims with no other modifications to the truck. I remember a brand that someone mentioned they had, one I had never heard of. I am almost certain that it started with an "R", and may have had the word "muddy" in the name, but for the life of me I can't find the post or the website. I actually found the website and additional info on a tire that I really liked a long time back. Any clue? They were pretty wild tires. I am pushing 100k miles on Michelin XCX/APT's, which have been great. But, at 155k miles, I need new tires, and am aiming to make this truck more of a toy than a commuter vehicle. Even so, it will remain as both for a while, so a stock-sized tire is still necessary.

Nah, that's not it. It was something that seemed like an off-the-wall brand. Actually, it still seems like an off the wall brand. Thanks though.

I think I got it! Any how quickly they changed. They were called Renegade Mud Trac's. I searched that and found this private brand called National, which makes a car tire called a Renegade, as well as a number of truck tires linked below. They have a decent range of sizes for a 15" rim too. Of course, now that I know they are knock-offs, I want to figure out what the name brand model is, and buy them instead.

Now, for someone who has the 15" rim as well (or who knows), what's the overall depth of the rim/how wide of a tire will fit?

I want to say the stock rims are 7", and that a 31X10.50 R15 tire would fit. With an overall size of 30.2 to 30.5 though, I imagine this will chafe the wheel wells on sharp turns.

Answered my own question again. Looks like BFG's after all, with perhaps just a little TT. But now..... All Terrain or Mud Terrain..... I suppose AT is more practical. MT just looks so cool!

Yeah, would have never guessed that :lol:

If you plan to take the ST offroad a bunch, then the MT tires will come in handy, but if it's a daily driver, like you said, just not practical.

I had good luck with a set of Falken brand STZ 04's on my '02 Silverado.

Good ride, held a balance well, and good wet traction also!

These were an on-road tire (the STZ 04's), but Falken offered many off-road sizes

as well.

i bought a 2003 mazda protege 5 trany went out and gas was killing me.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are looking at gitting alot of miles out if a set of tire I would look at bfg at's and

they work to snow wet mud

i loved them i have had several set on other trucks other than snow (i never drove in snow) they are great not to loud when i had my yakima rack it was louder than the tires.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Latest posts