maybe I'm an idiot but...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grant Martin

Reaction score

Ok, maybe I just don't know how to adjust them but...I find the front headrests to be set too far forward. Does anyone else have this problem? Is there a way to adjust them backwards?

This is for an 09.

I think all headrests in all cars are this way now. Our 2008 Taurus was like that, and our 2008 Mustang's headrests are the same.

I think it's a Federal regulation, like airbags or seatbelts. More big-gov't, nanny-state, cradle-to-grave intervention in the private sector!:angry:

I think it's a Federal regulation, like airbags or seatbelts. More big-gov't, nanny-state, cradle-to-grave intervention in the private sector!

No. It's the legal teams doing their jobs by reducing risk for the company.

Ok, maybe I just don't know how to adjust them but...I find the front headrests to be set too far forward. Does anyone else have this problem? Is there a way to adjust them backwards?

No, but you can remove them...

I can't stand the headrests in my 04. The seats aren't the greatest either but the headrests, it's a bad case of whiplash waiting to happen!

I wish there were something that can be done with out spending money on new seats.

That kind of sucks, it's no big deal I guess. I do wish ford would have went with the active head restraints instead of this "static" method of conformity. My 06 Titan had these and they weren't restrictive at all.

I could remove them, but then I would truly be the idiot I claim to be...

I like to tilt my back rest back some and my thigh support up, on my '04. Then the headrest is usless...:(

the 2001 and some 2002 had adjustable tilting head rests..... those are nice..

Todd Z

Yea, my 01 had the comfort package, adjustable headreasts, very nice, loved it. My 05 has the comfort package, NO adjustable headrests. I have such a tilt in my seat, cant even feel them.

Latest posts