May Be DOA

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug Stewart

Reaction score
Sad news to announce, I was driving along a local road with a 50 mph speed limit when a 94 camery spinning out of control crossed the center line at about 65 mph and struck my drivers door and spun me around 180 at about 50 mph. Damaged the drivers and passenger doors step bar lower cladding rear of cab, bed and rear wheel tire and bumper, Body shop will let me know tomorrow if she can be saved. If the bed mounting points are cracked she will be totaled. If not they will repair for about $6800.

Other driver was insured by GEICO and crashed about 100 yards further up the road his %$## box was a total loss. So I may have a salvage truck with many good parts. It is a 04 limited with all options including a excellent interior. Pictures will follow when I can copy off my phone. :angry:

That's not DOA, that's premeditated murder. Glad nobody was hurt, and now you have a good excuse to find a new Sport Trac replacement..:grin:

...Rich

That's brutal. Were you or the other guy (idiot) injured?

A Toyota speeding out of control. I'm shocked (sarcasm). As for trying to bring down the ST, it's a Japanese car--Kamikaze is in its dna :sad:

Sorry to hear. My 2004 Sport Trac was rear ended 9-2-11. It held up pretty well, My wife's back is hurting alot. I found out parts are very expensive ($7500 in parts to repair, tailgate alone $1200) including frame damage, and hard to come by so the insurance co totaled it for $11,000, which I thought was pretty good. While looking for a replacement ST I realized that mine was in very good shape, alot of junk out there. I ended up buying a Gen2 2007. So far so good. Good Luck

I was supposed to hear Friday if mine was a go or no go but the shop never called I hope no news is good news. I am sorry to hear about your wife and truck Charlie I was lucky just a sprained wrist. The good news so says the MD state trooper who responded along with the MP's since it was on Ft. Meade property my guess is that they will try to fix her since my friend owns the body shop sand know that I want to keep my truck. I agree in looking for a replacement I cannot find any 04 or 05 Limited's that are in good shape close by. I want the truck frame as well as the creature comforts that come with the Limited so I guess I am limited to the 04-05 model's. If the bed mounts are cracked I fear the worst since the new bed from Ford is about 3k alone!!! My other damage

totals about $6500 for two doors and rear of cab as well as trim paint and rear bumper repair...

Sorry to hear about the accident.

Couldn't used parts be sourced to reduce the cost of repair so they won't total it out?

Fort Meade property? Where was this, I overlooked the MD in your name. I actually live in the general Ft. Meade area. 198? 170?

I was headed west on 198 just past Tipton airport he was east bound and missed the right hand curve just before the straight way to circle to get on Rt. 32. I will have to check with the ins. co. and body shop to see if used are a option. Up till now the truck has never even been to a body shop for anything all factory parts. Even if it's a total loss I will have a factory hard bed cover with locks and keys at the minimum to sell to a lucky owner.

Tragic. Any ST removed from the roads before their time is a damn shame. Fortunately, parts of your truck can live on on other Tracs. Like a third brake light. If you end up parting the truck out, I could use a new one...:grin:

Got the news today she is ALIVE and will live on under my care for years to come hopefully crazy drivers willing. Repairs will take a few weeks replace both doors, step bar, cladding, rear of cab cut out panel an weld in new lower corner, repair bed, repair rear bumper, replace rear rim and tire and paint all of the above! Total cost to GEICO $6800 plus about $150 in towing $70 in storage and $1200 for the rental of my 2012 Explorer Limited which I have really gotten used to. Wish I did not have to return anyone got $45k so I can keep her too. Great ride fantastic acceleration and all the gadgets one could ever wish for!

Just got word today the my Trac will be coming home on Friday the 11th with two new doors rear of cab step bar bumper and bed repair as well as wheel and tire. Total cost to GEICO about 7k for all new parts from Ford plus $1600 in rental fees. It will have taken 4 weeks hope it will be worth the wait. I have to hope that maybe it will put a dent in their Lizard commercial fund.:banana:

Latest posts