Manual Transmission Fluid

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Conrad AlbertoJr

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I got my oil changed today and bought some transmission fluid to flush mine out. I asked the parts guy at the dealer and he told me it was Mercon V and needed about 3 quarts. Well I found a copy of the owners manual, and for the 4 speed tranny (ST is 5 though) it says to use Mercon. Who do I believe?

Your ST manual Transmission uses REGULAR ATF fluid... Don't use the MERCV..... You can also use a synthetic if you like..

Todd Z

Synchromax is a manual transmission fluid that increases performance and the life of your equipment. It improves shifting, reduces gear noise and increases power transfer to the wheels. It also lowers operating temperatures and provides outstanding wear protection for longer transmission life.

Synchromax is recommended for manual transmissions that specify an automotive transmission fluid. Its also ideal for 44 transfer cases and motorcycle gear boxes. Synchromax is fully compatible with all types of friction materials. It provides excellent corrosion and oxidation protection without affecting the soft metals commonly found in manual transmission synchronizers.

Synchromax is formulated with Royal Purples proprietary Synerlec technology for unsurpassed performance and protection.

Last edited by a moderator: