Make the front seats recline flat?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone know if I could make the front seats recline further? My thinking is I could make the passenger seat recline so that it is almost level with the back seat. It looks like if you slide the seat forward and take the headrest off, then there would be enough room to lay the seat flat. This would be great so I can catch a nap between classes. Is there a stop or anything I could remove or change?

I don't know, and I don't know if anyone here has tried that, but it sounds like it would be easy enought to test yourself. Just get in your passenger seat and recline the seat as far back as it would go. If it stops before the headrest hits the back seat, then it will not recline any further so you have your answer. However, if the headrest hits your backseat, you should then remove the headrest and see how far the seat back will recline without the headrest/backseat interference?

...Rich

Yup, I have already tried that. The seat will not recline far enough to hit the back seat. I was wondering if it would be easy to make it recline further. Maybe there is some sort of stop you can remove? What is making it stop before it hits the back seat? And how can I modify that? Thanks for the input.

Brownchickenbrowncow ????....LOL

Todd Z

The backseat is pretty uncomfortable. With the front seat flat, it would give me more room to stretch out.

Brownchickenbrowncow ????.... do i have to be an old-timer to get this one? j/k

Latest posts