Maintenance Questions

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chad Maupin

Reaction score
Greetings all. Had my '07 ST for a little over a month now. I was wondering if I could get some info on regular maintenance.

How often should I be changing the oil? What type of oil is recommended?

Rotate the tires every 10k miles?

Any other fluids I should be concerned with changing out? If so, at what mileage?

Are there any upgrades that you would consider necessary? I've heard some talk about shock upgrades and also some talk about TSB's?? Not sure what they are though.

Again, just trying to make sure I'm keeping this thing in good running order so any advise would be helpful.

thanks!

All that info is in your owners manual, In that package there is a separate maintenance book...

Todd Z

Maybe I sound like an A$$. There are a ton of questions that get asked on this board that are in the owners manual. It is really kinda funny.

Sorry and have good day..:D

Sorry, maybe I didn't specify.... I have read the manual and know what Ford recommends. Just looking for some best practices from people that have owned their ST's for awhile.

Maup... v6 or v8 ?? 2wd or 4wd ???

The oil under normal 5K or so and you can do the tires every 10K if they are wearing nice and even... Have the rebalanced each time also..

Keep you air pressure up to snuff...

The shock and suspension upgrades were on the earlier 01-05 only..

Check air filter every oil change, replace when dirty..

Fuel filter about every 30K for best performance.

Most other fluids are 100K miles or so, depends on driving style and other factors..

Todd Z

It's a v6 2wd.

Thanks for the info on the shocks and suspension.

You recommend an aftermarket air filter?

Also, mpg isn't too bad, around 17 in city but are there any recommended mods to help raise that number?

Thanks again for all the help.

Change the oil ASAP to Mobil 1 EP and put on a Mobil 1 filter. Change both again every 10,000 miles.

Change the air filter and fuel filter at least once a year.

Check tire pressures and all fluid levels at least twice a month.

Learn to live with the gas mileage. If you want better, you should have bought an economy car.

With a new vehicle I always do the first oil change at 2500 miles, then again at 5000 and every 5000 after. Tranny fluid every 30,000, I think the book now says 100k but I wouldn't go that long on the ATF or the spark plugs. Plugs are really okay for 100k but I'd change them at 50k only to avoid them getting seized in the head. Everything else I go by the book.

Motorcraft or NAPA Gold filters (air, oil, fuel).

Is the Mobile 1 EP really that good? I ran a synthetic in a previous car but that was a sport car. Didn't think it would be needed in the ST. Then again, if it lasts 10k miles, I doubt it's much more expensive.

Latest posts