maintenance 60k

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billy reilly

Reaction score
I'm about to hit 60k miles on my 2010 V8. So far I have only changed the oil and cleaned the air filter at regular intervals. What is suggested at 60K. I'm thinking fuel filter and maybe spark plugs. Any suggestions?

You should have changed of flushed your transmission fluid at 30K miles??? So I would suggest you get your transmission flushed or at least get the fluid and filter changed.

...Rich

I'd change coolant, transmission fluid, fuel filter, differential fluid, transfer case (if your have 4wd), spark plugs. Ford will tell you that some of this isn't due - for example they say 150K on trans fluid, 100K on plugs, etc. I've found benefit over the years by spending extra maintenance dollars, both for longevity no on-road surprises. I've gravitated to Private Party buy/sell for my car needs, so having done extra maintenance makes a big difference on the sell side.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vic is correct, on the newer ones they say to flush the transmission at 150k but Ford is probably gambling that the truck won't last that long anyway. I flushed mine at 50k and will do it again shortly when it hits 100k. I think the transfer case lube is still due at 60k but I do mine every 30k. I do the rear axle every 30k (Gen 2's have a drain plug and it's easy enough to do yourself, same with the transfer case), the front axle on 4wd's needs to be done by a shop with a suction pump and I get mine done every 50k. The manual says to do the fuel filter every 30k. Otherwise I agree with Vic.

My schedule:

Oil and filter every 5k.

New air filter once a year.

Fuel filter every 30k.

Rear axle every 30k.

Transfer case every 30k.

Front axle every 50k.

Tranny fluid every 50k.

Spark plugs every 50k.

Coolant every 50k.

Front hub and bearing assemblies every couple months. :soap:

My '08 has 98k on it and looks and runs like new.

Latest posts