Magnaflow kit on '07 4.6

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CobraXP

Reaction score
I know Dingo has the Magnaflow kit...

Who else has it and what is your opinion. I'm waiting until next spring to start anything big under the hood (except for a t.b., intake, etc), but would like to get an exhaust on the ST now. Opinions please... :)

Highly recommended. Hopefully you have access to a lift

to make the stock system removal easier. Installing the

new MagnaFlow system is easy. Sounds, fits, looks great.

I have ridden in Dingos and I am going to get it when I finish buying all my navigation stuff.

the magnaflow is a little louder under full throttle but it is a nice sound. under most conditions it is not any louder than stock.

Love mine. Did it in my brothers backyard without a lift. We put the back end up on some ramps, and got under it with a sawzall, cut off the old exhaust and bolted on the new. I must say that the exhaust seems to have gotten quieter since installation. Maybe I have just gotten used to it, but it doesn't seem to echo off the sound walls as much as it did when new...

Thanks! I have Magnaflows on everthign else I own, so it sounds as if the noise ratio is about the same for this kit as my others.

I doubt anyone has dyno numbers, but seat of the pants feel - anyone honestly feel it opened the restriction any?

I have one as well and LOVE it! You can't go wrong getting this installed on your Trac. I feel that after I got mine the Trac accelerates much better. This is my only mechanical mod, so I am excited about other things to be added in the future.

Just do it. I LOVE mine. It's just the right volume. Quiet at cruise and a little throaty when you step on it! Very good quality, too. You won't be sorry.

i have one. still in the box waiting to geet installed when i get back from sunny fla.

Last edited by a moderator:
I installed mine with 104 miles on the odometer. I now have 3,500 miles. It's the best mod I have to date, and if I had it to over again, I would still make it my first. Great sound without the annoying low tones in the cab. Easy to install, and quality fit. A+ /Brad

I love mine, not quite as loud as my muffler delete's on my mustang at WOT but also quieter on the highway. It has a very deep tone that I love though, it sounds like an 8 should now. So it's a nice compromise in sound level and tone vs droning.

I have before and after videos on my myspace page if you want to listen. If you have a decent speaker setip you should be able to hear a big difference. They may still be showing up twice since the first ones weren't working so I uploaded them again, now all four of them work and no matter how many times I delete them they still show up on my page:angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the Magnaflow and traveling the mountains of Arizona pulling a 20ft runabout boat and, down shifting so the RPM is about 4,500, going 45-50mph, foot on the floor, it is noisy. Thank goodness the climbs aren't any longer than about 10 minuates. Around town not bad I just wish the tranny would shift at a higher RPM. I manualy run it through the gears keeps the tone up.

Someone on this site said they kept the orignal resonator on then added the Magnaflow. I might try that for myself.

Bill

Just do it. You will not be disappointed. I recommend performancepeddler.com for the best price. They usually have a discount code that gets you a huge price drop. You might need to email them for the code or you can use their "best offer" option. I paid $319. Cut the original as close to the muffler as possible. This will make getting it out easier and you will not have to raise the truck as high to get it past the rear axle. ;)