Magnaflow for 07-08

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

P M

Reaction score
Anyone purchased a Magnaflow exhaust for an 07-08 ST lately? I plan on getting the #16679 kit. Looking for the best prices and reputable service.

I am working with random tech to make a kit for around 300-350 or so shipped...

It may be some time with all the things we have going on here..

I know Gary S just had the magnaflow installed on his truck.

Todd Z

Last edited by a moderator:
Todd, can you provide any insight on the kit that you are working on that might convince me (and possibly others) to hold off on a MagnaFlow purchase?

I got the #16679 exhaust at PerformanceCenter.com back in May. I paid $359 including shipping. Their present price is $369. Other posts in the past have mentioned a price of around $350 from PerformancePeddler.com but right now their price appears to be about $100 more than that. It took about an hour for a shop to install and cost me $80. It sounds great.

Thanks all. I went with performance center. Looking forward to install.

I'm holding out for the random tech kit :)

Why mix and match exhaust component manufacturers, when you can have the same manufacturer right up the line, as far as your state will allow? Being in maryland, in a part where emission testing is mandatory (though with no body inspection), I suspect that'll only be cat-back :(

(gibson just doesn't sound like an exhaust company for performance to me....to me, gibson=guitars, which makes me think that the system is tuned for sound over performance, but that's probably just my imagination working off of stigma.)

Of course, I did come into possession of a FlowMaster muffler, but it's 3" on both ends, straight through design, so I don't have any idea what to do with this at the moment.

C'mon kit!

Just installed the Magnaflow. Love the sound! Just what I wanted.

Probably a bit more work than I anticipated though. More just a lack of better tools. With a sawzall and a pit to work over (or lift) it would have been easy. Just took more cuts (with a hand saw) than the directions said in order to get the old one out.