magnaflow exhaust

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicholas DeMarco 2

Reaction score
i have an 05 xlt 4x4 i've tried searching but haven't found a straight up answer. either it's a 07 or newr or a STA. i just want to replace the muffler not the entire exhaust so will the 14236 magnaflow muffler fit my truck? will i need an exhaust pipe extension?

The muffler needs to be 2.25 inch with a center in and an offset out or center in center out and you will need to have a piece made to fill in the space.....

The one you have is the right sizes, But I dot think the offset/offset in/out will work properly..

Todd Z

If you stay with muffler only. 2.25 center/center. The shop can make a flow tube from the converter to muffler. Even the longest magna flow, will be shorter than stock.

If you have a shop install it. For single I would go with 12245 or 14245. For dual tail pipes I would go with 14258.

I, too, am thinking about a Magnaflow. Priced it out at a local shop and the owner asked if I wanted the resonator removed as well. I've read many of the threads about muffler swaps here, but never found the specific answer I was looking for. Will it help performance at all and will it make the exhaust sound louder, deeper, higher, raspy, bad, good, etc.? I realize sound is very subjective, but I thought I'd check. Mine, too, is an 05 XLT 4x4.

I installed a round Magnaflow and an oval one in sequence (took out the stock resonator and muffler unit)...my family still thinks it is too loud so I will be putting the stock resonator back. It is restrictive but that is the price I pay for having a family with a low exhaust sound tolerance! I will try to squeeze in an exhaust cut-out between the resonator and muffler to give me an option for some noise when I am driving solo...

Did an awesome set-up that I really liked with a round and oval in sequence with an electric cutout in between but family complained too much. Hard to tell from clips but this setup had a nice rumble on idle, pretty noticeable between 1500 and 2500 rpm around town, at 70, still heard the exhaust but not the annoying droning, and above 80, believe it or not, I couldn't really hear it since road and tire noise took over.

Had the stock resonator put back in and kept the rear 14" magna flow...didn't have enough room for the cut-out unless I totally redid the system so I removed it. Truck sounds pretty much like stock with maybe a more decent tone at WOT.

Anyone looking for a DMH electric cutout, I have one that has been on the truck for all of 2 weeks! Will part for $80. Still have all the wiring that comes with it as well as the cut-out plate in case you need to remove the electric cut-out.

GL with your exhaust!

Someone buy that cutout. I know the guy that makes them personally and there is no better quality.

I had installed my Magnaflow and left the stock resonator on. It didn't sound any different from stock. I removed the resonator the next day and it made a world of difference.

The first long trip we took the 1,800 rpm exhaust sound got on our nerves a bit but now we don't even notice it. It's not really a droning sound.

I'd like to try a high quality electric exhaust cutout, with the stock exhaust system, someday. The ability to adjust the sound from inside the vehicle would be cool. Especially if you have family with you.

Latest posts