MAF Mod part Duex [dial up death]

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scott farmer

Reaction score
I decided to try a custom MAF, gains, if any, were hard to tell, I'm at 5500 feet so power gains here are allways much less than lower altitudes. The good news is it didn't throw a code and it didn't run worse.

Here's the details

6" piece of 3" ABS, 3" long street ell [1 female end 1 male], 3" Piece of ABS split on one side

[Broken External Image]:

I filed a flat area then drilled an 1 1/8" hole [had to sand it slightly larger to fit MAF sensor]Attached it with tapping screws

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

What is your seal between the sensor and the pipe?

The sensor has an o ring thats why I drilled a smaller hole and sanded to fit

spfarmer,

That is very impressive. I would have never thought of that in a million years.

Here is something to think about. The only flaw I can see is that the sensor might not operate properly. Here is why I say that.

Since the diameter is bigger, there is less air movement past the sensor. I mean, the same ammount of air is passing through, but at a slower velocity. Since it is at a slower velocity, the sensor MIGHT not "see" the actual ammount of air passing through. It might be calibrated by the diameter of "xxx" and air at "xxx" is "xxx CFM".

I am just guessing though.

Something to think about.

Great job. I think the idea is awesome. I hope it really works.

Tom

I'm currently working on my own MAFS, and I plan to have Wayne change my tune accordingly to account for the larger size. I measured, and my MAFS will be 89mm, as opposed to the stock 66mm. That's about a 33% increase in diameter.

TOM, Valid point but those of us with flashers can have the maf values changed in the computer to compinsate for what your talking about...

That was the big draw back to the pro-m, It had a modified sensor, Now we can compinsate for every little extra cfm...

SPFARMER... NICE work!!!!!! You may not see a heck of difference due to what i just explained above,....

I see my ideas are being used...:lol:

Todd Z

Last edited by a moderator:
spfarmer...You might have a money maker there. Selling to my st members..:D

Keep us posted on performance..

Todd Z,

That is what I was thinking after I wrote the message. Odds are, it would have to be calibrated to take advantage of the larger MAF.

Tom

Latest posts