lumbar front seat

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine just broke yesterday. I sat down and it went crunch, and now it won't "inflate" anymore. I'm still under bumper-to-bumper warranty, so I'm bringing it in today. I'll give you an update on what the repair involves after they fix it.

Sounds like the bag may have a hole in it, OR a slow leak, or the solenoid or switch is bad...

May have to remove the seat from the truck or take off the cover to see..

Todd Z

I have the manual type, with the knob on the side of the seat. I think its a moving mechanism inside, rather than an airbag, so it might be a different repair altogether. I'm also having them do the TSB for the hard downshift on my 6 speed. Hope they get it right the first time, but I'm not optimistic based on my previous experience with my local dealership.

Do a search for "A Deflating Experience" and you can read about the experience I had with my 2007 ST. I'm sure the lumbar support in your vehicle is different than mine but it's definitely repairable. The repair job performed by my Ford dealer has held out well. Good luck with yours.

I've been without my truck for 2 days now, while the dealership waits for the part to come in. The good thing is that its covered under warranty. I'm just worried it will fail again. All I did was sit down in the seat with the lumbar all the way inflated and *CRUNCH*...flat. I only weigh 160lbs; if I can break it, it must be flimsy.

Check the switch/valve in the seat panel. It could be just sticking in the open position. Remove the seat side panel to remove the switch/valve assembly. Then disassemble, clean, lube (light oil is fine) and reassemble it. The reinstall is a little tricky because of the air line connections, but a little patience goes a long way. It took me about an hour to remove, clean, and reinstall mine. It works just like new again.

Got it back today. They replaced the actuator assembly and adjuster. Not sure what it would have cost if it hadn't been under warranty, but I would guess $300-$400.

Latest posts