LSU...LSU..LSU!!!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What a good game. I thought for a minute there Ohio might make another go at it. Any other comments today about last nights game.

Congratulations LSU Tigars!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
My reason for my comment is because they both lost at home twice. Typically teams that have 2 home game losses dont play for a title game. This was just a strange year and I feel Mizzou got the short end of the deal, but they also choked when it meant the most.

I agree that Mizzou had a great season but I think that the two best teams played last night. I also agree it was a CRAZY year.

The top six teams had two losses, however LSU losses did come in triple overtime. I think Georgia or USC would have provided a better match-up with LSU than Ohio State. Maybe one-loss Kansas deserved a shot, althought I think they would have gotten killed.

LSU's loss to Kentucky was at Kentucky...in triple overtime. Their other loss was at home to Arkansas, in triple overtime as well. OSU only had one loss at home to a better than average Illinois...they were the home team last night, though the loss was not at "home".

I do not know if the two best teams played last night. You should also consider Georgia and USC in the mix.

However, Georgia lost to what was originally thought to be a good South Carolina team that finished 6-6, and the laid down and got blown out by Tennessee mid-season.

USC had a bad loss to a bad Standford team and a loss to Oregon before Dennis Dixon got injured.

I think the game last night should have been between USC and LSU.

With the type of season that college football has had, it's hard to tell who exactly the "best" two teams were at the end of it all. I think the championship game pitted the two teams with the best records (as far as wins/losses, SOS, etc.) at the end of the regular season together.

Georgia was probably playing the best football out of everyone at the end of the season, but it's hard for me to think of them playing in the championship game when they didn't even get to their conference championship.

USC also had been playing well after overcoming a slew of injuries through the season, but anyone that loses to a 4-8 Stanford should not be in the title game IMO.

Missouri got screwed when it came to the BCS. Yes, they had two losses, but to the same team (OU). I think if they play anyone else in the Big 12 South during the season, they would only have one loss and be headed to a BCS game, but that's the way it goes.

There was no way that Illinois should have been in the Rose bowl. With three teams ahead of them in the BCS standings (2 non-Pac 10 teams), they should have been counting their blessings to even get to Pasadena. The Rose Bowl needs to recognize that their are more conferences than just the Big Ten and Pac 10.

Congrats to LSU and the other bowl game winners. Watch out for my WVU Mountaineers next season. With Heisman hopefuls White and Slaton, along with Noel Devine, we'll be a hard offense to stop. A new coaching staff will hopefully implement new schemes and we'll have a solid defense returning.

Remember that you can't spell SUGAR without UGA... Georgia played exactly where and who they should have--- they were never a ligitimate contender for the title... congrats to LSU..... I was happy to see OSU and Jim Tressle be rejected again! Last year my Gators had the opportunity to do it- and now another SEC team!!!!!!!! Now, I was happy to see Georgia beat Hawaii... between June Jones and Colt "I'm a convicted felon" Brennan... I was hoping and praying they would get a real SEC beating by UGA! Hey Dawg fans--- there is always next year to be in the BIG GAME!

Who should have been playing in the national championship game? That's easy--it should have been the winners of the two national semi-final games. And those games should have consisted of the four winners of the national quarterfinal games. And so on, until you have a field of 16 teams, consisting of all 11 D-1 conference champions and five at-large bids. First two rounds (12 games) held at the sites of the higher-seeded teams, and the semi-finals and championship games held at bowl sites.

Declaring a "national champion" by anything short of this is a complete joke and deserves an asterisk.

I disagree, I enjoy the "who should have" or "who could have". Makes for more enjoyable and enthusiastic discussions about "who should be #1".

Les--Are you thus also saying that you don't care for "March Madness", and that the basketball playoff should be scrapped, in favor of some system picking two teams to play for the national championship, with everyone else needing to go to the NIT? Because that's what the current D-1 football system is.

Congratulations are in order for LSU on the win. They will be crowned national champions under this current system.

Until their is a D1 college football playoff it will always be debatable who would have won it all on the field and not in a computer program.

No, I an not "thus saying that I don't care for March Madness", we are not discussing basketball and "March Madness" or that the current playoff system for that should be changed. We are discussing the current system to establish the No. 1 ranked college football team in the country. I like it the way it is, you don't. This doesn't make your way or my way better, just different.

Chad,

Ohio state only lost once all season. It was a home game to Illinois.

Every year of the BCS, there is always some people who are not happy with the selection for the various bowl games, especially the Championship Bowl game.

I think the two best teams played in the game and the best team won. I am a big Ohio State fan, but they simply made too many mistakes. You can't do that with a team like LSU.

One could argue for a lot of different teams who they consider better choices for the Championship Bowl game, however most of those teams probably played in one of the other bowl games, and half of those teams lost, so who's left.

I think LSU could have beaten any team in the nation Monday night.

...Rich-

Les--I wasn't trying to say that your way or my way is necessarily better. I was just asking if your desire to not have a football playoff extended to basketball as well, as the system seems to work well there, and this is very much an apples-to-apples comparison. Don't read more into the question than what's there.

I was at the game and it was amazing. I am born and raised in Louisian and an LSU '05 grad. It is a great day to be a tiger.

Hey, it isn't our fault that everyone else in the nation lost when LSU needed them to lose. We were in the right place at the right time. The fact is that we were in the national title game and we WON! Making LSU the National Champ. End of story.

Pic of us in our seats after the trophy presentation. I am the one in the back with my head poking out. I was lucky enough to get tickets from my uncle. Once in a lifetime experience....well I guess twice now since I was a student when we won in 2003. I was in New Orleans for that one too.

[Broken External Image]:

Latest posts