LSU...LSU..LSU!!!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We only have the CURRENT system to use. Everyone knows that going in to the season. I myself would like to have a playoff system. Until then you can't start adding asterisks and such, just silly.

GEAUX TIGERS

2007 National Champions

Last edited by a moderator:
All I know is that ASU is the 2007 National Champion, without debate.

Oh, also in 2006.

BTW, 2005 as well.

Makes it easy, uh? But then, in this division, not all the wanna be schools are making big $ on "Bowl Games".

Ken, you're not Alabama...you can't just retroactively claim titles whenever you feel like it...:lol::lol:

All I know is that Arizona State University (the first one that comes up when you put ASU in Google) is not the Champions. We were talking about the BCS and real football...not app state.

Too bad.

Talk to Michigan.

And your right to be judgemental comes from ??? the couch? Ever been on the field? or you just another Mouse Jockey living with mama?

I actually went out for the team here at AU last spring. You know, Auburn, in the SEC, 7-2 in bowls this year including THE CHAMPIONSHIP. No, I didn't make it, and I'm not ashamed to admit it. I'm 6'4" 270 lbs, fast for my size, and they're bigger, faster, and stronger. At least I tried.

Oh, and I played ball in middle school and for a bit in high school. You ever hear of Hoover High? You know, the one with the TV show and one of the most prestigious high school football programs of the past decade...yeah, I have no idea what it's like. Pain killers every day, torn hamstrings, torn ACLs, replacement discs in my knees at 19...yeah, I have no idea.

Sorry for the rant...Geaux Tigers! THE Champions this year!

Actually, Jeff C, we were talking about the merits of the current BCS system vs. a playoff system. D-1 has a playoff system, where a true champion is thus crowned. Because of this, Ken's comment was completely germaine.

And ASU has a lot better claim to being national champs than LSU.

I have nothing against Ken being for his school. Let's let App State and LSU play for the championship...any debate over who would win there? Didn't think so.

And most of my second dialog was directed at Ken's comments about me being a 'mouse jockey'. I did not personally attack him, and yet he starts with the name calling. Ken, feel free to say any of this to me in person in L'ville this year.

Jeff C, you were the first to insult him, by insulting his school with your arrogant "real football...not app state" comment. Don't claim that he started it--the evidence is clearly against you.

And as for putting LSU against ASU--have LSU prepare their team via D-1 standards with regard to scholarships, etc., and then yes, put them on the field together. I think in that situation, ASU could give them a run for the money.

Or, if you think that they should just play as-is, straight-up, fine--but in that case, the winner isn't the national champion. Instead, the winner would then have to take on the NFL's Super Bowl champion, and only THAT team has any claim to be "national champs". "any debate over who would win there? Didn't think so." If app state isn't "real football", then by NFL standards, neither is LSU.

Well...

1st, thanks for the reality check Bill. Appreciate your comments.

2nd, Jeff, as Bill said, comments were about the playoff system, and ASU has done an outstanding job for the past 3 years in succeeding in their system, which crowned them National Champions 3 years in a row. You should have recognized that if you've participated in your lifetime. This is a school that until 3 years ago, had not won a National Championship, IN ANYTHING! And APP State is not "my school", I don't have a "my school", I don't get that involved. My life is full without having to live through another. I just enjoy some competitions.

And yeah, years ago I was an Inside Linebacker for a championship team, in a division without a playoff system. And you know what? Inside, I still have doubt about our championship, because we didn't get the opportunity in a playoff. Two of the four winning seasons were undefeated, so although I'm not a devout ASU supporter, I do recognize and celebrate their outstanding "underdog" achievements. I can relate on a personal level. And I would never try to dilute their (ASU) achievements with slander or "what if they played so and so..". That's akin to "my dad can beat your dad", it's just nonsense. Again, if you've played, you know, on any given game day, either team can win. Ask Michigan. It's a competition, the best team may not win on game day, but on game day, the better team wins. Doesn't matter what the competition is, football, racing, poker, shooting, whatever.

So my comment about a "Mouse Jockey" is just about that. Why, from the sidelines and security or the internet try to reduce another's accomplishments? That, IMO, is a Mouse Jockey.

Sorry if this got long, and sorry if it offended you. But that's why I previously wrote what I did.

Latest posts