Low Pressure Light

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You could pull the dash apart and pull the bulb or you could fix what is causing the problem. I would fix what is wrong.

Tom

The air sensor inside the tire is probably fualty or you need to put air in the tire. Go to dealer or wherever you got the sensors put in at and find out what tire pressure the sensors are set for, you may just not have the right amount of air in the tire. Could be a slow air leak the is setting it off.

My tire pressure sensor light drove me nuts when I 1st bought the vehicle. I wrote and called FORD and complained and asked question on this forum and I hated the TPMS. After that I noticed that the tire gauge I had used for years started acting funny(inconsistent readings). It was just old and had seen better days. I pitched it and bought a good new gauge and now, no problems. Here I was blaming FORD and my new Sprot Trac!!

'07 ST:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Is their a way to disconnect the tire low pressure light in the dash with out it affecting other instrurment lights in the dash.

No, I checked with the dealer and there was no computer setting to turn it off. I believe this is a federally mandated requirement. If the truck is still under warranty take it back and let them figure it out, once your sure the tire pressure is correct. If you have changed wheels you either live with it, or put the sensors in the new wheels. It is very annoying...

I had this problem once.

I got a good digital pressure gauge, inflated all tires to the spec in the door, and the light went out. It is sensitive.

mine saved me about 2 weeks ago, I had picked up a nail and was rolling at 70 when the warning came on. I fortunatly was able to ease over to the shoulder, changed to the full size spare and continued. it was just about time for new tires anyway so that night I had 4 new continentals, big improvement over the stock fontana's.

The light in my wife's Dodge goes on about once a month. They're sensitive. They click on at about 30 psi and below. So I have to keep 35 psi in them all the time.

Latest posts