low flush toilets

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Rutt

Reaction score
I need to install a new toilet in our master bathroom. I have looked at a bunch of reviews of low flow (1.6 gpf)and have narrowed my choices.

I am looking for any opinons from the members here on any of their personal experiences with low flow toilets.

Right now the Toto Drake or Kohler Memoirs are the two I'm looking at.

Thanks in advance,Markr

Have heard that the low volume models can get stopped up due to a lack of water to complete the flushing process (true, actually read this) I think Todd Z. wrote once that the low volume tiolets are required by some building codes. You might want to look at some of the architecual salvage yards for an old style. BC :toilet:

I've installed two in my house a year ago. No problems and work fine. I installed two at my previous house about 4 years ago - never a problem. Actually, if you're too close, it'll reach up and grab ya!!

Flushes the first time, every time.

I love them.

I installed two of the Kohler Wellworth (not Class V) models in our house about 2.5 years ago. I've never had a problem with them, they flush as good or better than any other toilet I've had. I'm not sure what the Class V difference is exactly, but ours are the 1.6 GPF models.

I installed one low water flush units during a bathroom remodel about 7-8 years ago and within a month I took it out and put the original toilet back in.

On nearly half the flushes it did not clear the bowl and required a second flush, which defeats the whole purpose of the low water flush toilets !

There are some low water flush toilets that are designed to work well with 1.6 gallons by using a larger chamber of water to pressurize the smaller 1.6 gallon chamber of water. But of course they are much more expensive.

...Rich

There are some low water flush toilets that are designed to work well with 1.6 gallons by using a larger chamber of water to pressurize the smaller 1.6 gallon chamber of water. But of course they are much more expensive.

I paid $120.00 for each of mine.

TJR, I was going to say you were showing your age by listing that catch phrase from the sitcom "Alice", but then I realized that I KNEW where you got it because I used to watch it... sigh... so I am showing my age...

JustJimmy,

What brand of toilet are they.

When I bought mine about 7-8 years ago it cost over $200, but it a very modern style with a very low tank (Called tankless) that was just barely above the height of the seat. Perhaps the lower tank did not provide enough flushing head-pressure?

...Rich

If it's brown flush it down, if it's yellow let it mellow...

I tried that not flushing piss every time stuff last year. I ended up cleaning the toilet twice as often and the thing smelled pissy most of the time. To hell with that idea. It's cheaper to flush every time than it is to buy twice as much toilet cleaner.

Whoa now TJR, that's just nasty. If keeping the liquid gold in the porcelain gods (goddesses?) were a good thing, then public urinals would not be set up with automatic flush systems to prevent just that...and the ones used by those who don't flush in public restrooms, would not be rank.

...and for home toilets, no one likes to open the lid to see the bay that was clearly at the end of the yellow river. Ever upper class, high society....

Low-flush blows, Mark K is...amazingly....right lol.

I live near DC, but with the way low flush treats me, you might think I lived in it, for the low flush always tends to leave a Monument in my Tidal Basin....

:banana:

No household I've known with Full-Flush toilets has gone broke due to the cost of the Raging Torrent...and many I know with low-flush have a plunger in their hands more than a teenage girl has a cellphone, and you know those 2 things can only be separated by death.

:toilet:

Latest posts