Louisville Survey !!!!! Please respond

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd Z

4 wheel drive
2nd Gen owner
V8 Engine
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V8 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
Rather then make a survey page, And with the ford plant tour iffy, I am asking the people what they would like to do....

Ford has not released the down week work schedule for Louisville as of yet. The plant manager is working on letting us know, BUT we wanted to have a back up plan..

IF the Louisville assembly plant is not operating that day:

1) Would you like a tour of the closed plant?? They will give us the same tour and same treatment, just there will be No movement of the equipment, or employees working that day.

2) Would you like a tour of the F250-F550 plant just down the road ??? That plant will be running and assembling trucks.

Please let me know.

Todd Z

Last edited by a moderator:
2) Would you like a tour of the F250-F550 plant just down the road ??? That plant will be running and assembling trucks.

I think this would be an excellant idea. If the plant is at idle, there is no need for a tour. Seeing another line, when all the magic is happening, is a great idea.

Who cares if it is an F-250 being built or a Focus. Watching the work of putting a machine together is nothing short of awesome. Second of all, looking the the faces of those men and women working there day and day out brings the human factor to auto production.

Tom

I personaly have seen the Sport Trac plant tour. and would love to see the F-250 Plant.

Last time they had 2 tours of the one plant. Because the size of the groups that wanted to see.

I know you mentioned about 2 tours.. maybe a group could do each.

If Ford is willing to do that.

Just my $.02

Thanks for organizing this Todd.

I dont think Ford will do both, Thats why I did not post a number 3).....

Todd Z

re: Louisville Survey !!!!! Please respond by Todd Z,2/6/2008 15:17 ET

I dont think Ford will do both, Thats why I did not post a number 3).....

Todd Z

Sorry for bringing it up..

I would love to see the F-250 if they are not working the Sport Trac line.

Second of all, looking the the faces of those men and women working there day and day out brings the human factor to auto production.

you make it sound like they are the hardest working people alive.

1. I would still want to see the "Home of the Explorer Sport Trac" with or without bodies running the lines.

2. No

It would be nice to see the factory lines of the Sport Trac in operation but, they can not make a business decision to suit us.... we are just the enthusiest of their product

but. Let me add also, that it's a huge moral booster for the workers I am sure when this Group comes to tour.

Lets keep this meet ST oriented. Please :)

Last edited by a moderator:
as of 01/25, the down weeks are:

02/04, 04/07, 04/28, 06/30, 07/02.

this is the info ford provided to ge capital fleet.

As I have seen the ST being built I would be up for seeing the F250-550 plant, but I would also love to see them building an Adrenalin 2008

Todd, Ask Ford if Option #3 would be possible. Or, at least have something available for those that have already been on the ST plant tour and do not wish to go again. In '04 the people that did not want to go on the ST plant tour were given an opertunity to talk with the engineers / designers.

Latest posts