Louisville National meet plans....Friday

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd Z

4 wheel drive
2nd Gen owner
V8 Engine
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V8 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
Just an Update.

OK from the post and Emails I received and Talking with Ford, Here is what is being planned.

Times are not yet confirmed.

Friday either morning or afternoon we are going to tour the Kentucky Ford truck plant. This plant makes the F250 and larger trucks.

The plant will be operational and making trucks.

From there we are planing lunch or late lunch at the Louisville slugger bats museum. This would include a tour of the museum, souvenir mini bat and lunch. (lunch is sandwiches)

We plan to have Ford reps there for a Q&A as well.....

At the Plant tour, we are hoping to have an adrenalin on hand for possible test drives, ( Still working that out) and we may even have some other promo trucks, such as Off road racing. ( We are working on that too)

I just wanted to let everyone know what we are working on.

I know it stinks about not touring the Sport Trac plant, But ford is not working Fridays at the LAP......

I think this KAP tour will be just as exiting and fun, especially for any kids or others that saw the LAP tour last year....

THIS ALSO OPENS UP FRIDAY night for people to get together, do something kewl, chill at the hotel pool or whatever may be planned !!!!!!

Thanks again for making 2006 a great meet and I know we will have a great meet this year !!!

Todd Z

I think the KAP will be a nice tour.

I know it is fun to watch the Sport Trac's being built, but to see the plant shut down is as much fun as watching grass grow.

The KAP will be nice. We will see those men and women building the SD trucks. I am sure, there will not be much difference between how the Explorer/ST's are built and the SD trucks.

Tom

That sounds very cool.

Just to let everyone know, in 2006 my father and I went to the Louisville Slugger plant and museum and did the tour and it was very cool. i really enjoyed it, so much so that I was planning on going back this year with my girlfriend. So I know we will have fun with that.

Look forward to seeing everyone there.

PS.

Who is going from NY/NJ and when are you all leaving?

Rodger that is a good thought....

I can allways make reservations for the back room or the top room there if people want to go...

Todd Z

I want to go but Iam really on the fence about no Trac plant in operation. This would be my first time and bummer. Wife wont give me an answer if she will go. Things surounding automobiles dont excite her. I know it would still be cool to meet folks that you chat with. Iam sooo confused:wacko:. Couldnot go last meet cause of a medical trip planed for my wifes diabetes care in Boston:(. What to do, what to do..:blink:

Eddie,

Don't let the idea of no Trac's being made break the deal. Meeting fellow members is worth the trip along. When everyone first gets there, it is strange. The next day, you would think we all live in the same community or work in the same building.

When the meet is over, it is really hard to go home. It is really wierd, but very cool.

Going to the factory is cool, but not a deal breaker. Seeing a shut down plant is a waste of time. It will be really cool watching other vehicles being built.

Tom

Tom, Iam wanting to go. I do want the wife to go also. Iam trying to convince her that she will have other women there to chat with.

It's a great thing. We went to the first one. My wife had a very good time also.

The second year, we went again and brought the kids. They enjoyed it also. We planned other things to do around the trip as well.

We would go again if it was in the cards.

I am planning on taking my grandson again this year, just haven't got the wife's okay yet. Anybody know how much the rooms will be and/or their phone number/ Internet site?

Everything sounds great so far,Bar b Q sounds good. Darrel the hotel number and price is on the registration page. Be sure to Tell them you are part of My Sport Trac.com when you reserve the room.Link below_Ron

Keith,

As of right now your the only one registered with kids...

In 2006 I think we had 10-12 kids...

Todd Z

Todd,

Sounds Great. Cant wait. the BBQ place sounds great also..

I am surprised Ford wants to do the Q&A AFTER they Give us BATS at lunch... This could be Fun..... :) :)

I will be going down from CT. Not sure of the date.. but I know I like to get down there early.. might even make a run down to JD before or after the meet.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again and all the new faces..

Latest posts