Looking to install a cold air intake for my 2010 Adrenalin 4.6L

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patrick Pierobon

Reaction score
Looking to install a cold air intake system but I can't seem to find one for the adrenalin. Any help would be great. I would really like a roush or k&n system. Also what company has a good chip for the adrenalin.

Regards,

Pat

The K&N intakes for the 2007 4.6L Explorer will fit the Gen 2 Sport Trac V8. They're exactly the same under the hood. Part numbers are 57-2573 and 77-2573KP.

Don't bother with a chip. I don't think anyone makes one for a Gen 2 Trac anyway. Get a SCT Xcal3 tuner with three custom tunes for your Trac from our site sponsor Torrie.

<A HREF="http://www.fastpartsnetwork.com/content/view/38/">http://www.fastpartsnetwork.com/content/view/38/</A>

there is NO TRUE COLD AIR intake for a Gen 2..... Get a drop in K&N, Mod the air box intake and your done....

Can go 1 step further and do a Nocturnal pipe setup and your done.... Will be 1/2 the cost of a K&N and you retain the true cold air intake in the front of the grill in the gen 2

Todd Z

I have a 77-2573KP k&n kit that I bought a few months ago....havent installed it yet. I ordered a modded TB from Todd Z, and will install them together in a few weeks....:banana::banana::banana::banana:

I got a quote on the K&N Kit 403.11 plus tax Canadian. I don't think it makes economic sense to change Part 57-2573

Last edited by a moderator:
there is NO TRUE COLD AIR intake for a Gen 2.....

That might depend on how you define it, but my K&N kit does have hardware that seals the intake from the engine compartment, and makes the path of least resistance the factory cold air port, as well as many louvered slots that lead directly to the front of the grille. Note that the radiator and other heat producing stuff is isolated from this area, so you're getting air that's as cold as reasonably possible.

If you really wanted to, you could easily remove the entire plastic panel that separates the filter element from wide open spaces, and possibly gain some ram air effect. However I've decided that it's better to protect the filter (and everything downstream) from rain, rocks, mud, bugs and all the other things that I've found there.

Latest posts